Personnel Security Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 2/23/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
This fast-paced position provides Industrial Security support in order to process personnel for a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) investigation/clearance. Ensures proper Personnel Security procedures are followed in accordance with the National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), Intelligence Community Directives, company policies and government regulations and directives.
Experience required in processing DOD and/or DOS SF-85, SF-86, periodic reinvestigations or MRPT s in accordance with federal regulations and contractual requirements. Must have the ability to secure and maintain a MRPT or Secret level clearance as necessary. Strong working knowledge of JPAS, OPM, e-QIP is preferred. Experience in processing incoming and outgoing visit requests and certifications through the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) or in letter format, as appropriate, preferred. Familiarity with computer and common office equipment to include Microsoft Office required. High School diploma required. Office experience preferred. Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, organized, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrates superior customer service skills. Experience in Civilian Defense, Military or Human Resources preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Facilitates the Security Clearance application process for Comprehensive Health Services, Inc. employees applying for clearance under a client government agency.
* Educates applicants on the clearance process and what will be expected of them; assists with the completion of the necessary paperwork.
* Initiates investigation into the Electronic Questionnaire Investigation Processing (e-QIP), reviewing forms for completeness and accuracy.
* Relies on research (via internet), cognitive reasoning and follow-up skills to process clearance paperwork, fact-checking information provided by candidates to verify and document their responses, ensuring their applicability and feasibility.
* Coaches candidates on the mitigation of issues with their paperwork or the various parts of the clearance process (related to requests for further information or adverse responses from the client agency).
* Exercise superior customer service skills, discretion, confidentiality and candor in communicating with applicants on all aspects of the process to include all types of sensitive information.
* Administers the fingerprinting process for candidates.
* Submit completed Security Packets to the applicable customer agency; liaises between the agency and the candidate throughout the process to completion; communicates progress to internal stakeholders as well.
* Proactively multi-tasks on a variety of tasks; provides thorough work while maintaining a sense of urgency based on client needs for employee s services.
* Creates and maintains employee security documentation in accordance with government and company guidelines.
* Processes requests for reinstatement of clearances or periodic re-investigations at five and ten years as applicable.
* Other duties or projects as requested and assigned.
* May participate in interdepartmental project groups or task forces to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, contract awards, and new policy requirements.
* Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies close calls and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
* Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
* May serve on the OSHA VPP, Safety, and Wellness Committees.
* Familiarity with computer and common office equipment to include Microsoft Office required.
* Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, organized, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrates superior customer service skills.
* Must have the ability to secure and maintain a Secret level clearance as necessary.
* High School diploma and 3-4 years of experience.
Comprehensive Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.