Ph.D Scientist - Polymer Dielectrics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gores Performance Solutions Division is committed to delivering breakthrough performance solutions for customers' complex product and process challenges in several key markets and industries including: aerospace, automotive, mobile electronics, music, semiconductor, oil and gas, industrial and pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. As a leading supplier of products engineered to be used in demanding environments, we are looking for an energetic, self-motivated scientist to join our technology team in Newark, DE.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you! In this role, you will be part of a team expanding our technical capability and developing a fundamental understanding in the area of thin dielectric films.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer
* Recognize the importance of collaborating on cross-functional teams of associates in science, technology, business, and manufacturing
* Be motivated and driven to succeed
* Fostering innovation and intellectual property generation through materials research and development aligned with new distinctive capability and collaboration with core technology
* Developing and applying scientific understanding to solve complex, advanced technical problems
* Developing advanced characterization and analytical techniques for understanding thin polymer based dielectric films
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* PhD in polymer science engineering, material science , electrical engineering or related field
* Demonstrated experimental and theoretical understanding of polymer physics related to electrical behavior of polymeric dielectrics or experience with polymer dielectrics such as high energy density films, capacitor films, electrets or dielectric elastomers
* Demonstrated experience as a principal investigator, such as ability to:
* Set project direction
* Build fundamental understanding
* Concisely communicate progress
* Bring project to closure in a timely fashion
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
* Results oriented with hands-on working style
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Sense of urgency
* Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Experience with polymer characterization techniques and analysis
* Experience in lifetime and endurance of polymer dielectrics
This position requires access to export-controlled areas and information. Candidates must be U.S. persons as that term is defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). The term U.S. persons includes resident aliens (green-card holders) as well as certain refugees, asylum-holders, and residents qualifying for temporary residence under the terms of 8 USC 1255a
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
KEYWORDS: Gore, job, Baltimore, Elkton, Philadelphia, Wilmington, Maryland, MD, Pennsylvania, PA, Delaware, DE, industrial, technical, technology, technologies, manufacturing, operations, operational, industrial, processes, processing, science, scientist, researching, systems, instrumentation, materials, projects, products, customers, equipment, teams, quality, requirements, regulations, regulated, regulatory, technologist, materials, chemical, research, development, R&D, projects, processes, products, manager, management, managing, raw, performance, properties, property, capabilities, characterizing, characterization, analysis, durability, analytical, testing, tests, methods, designing, developing, development, troubleshooting, experiments, experimentation, statistical, statistics, data, empirical, fundamental, flexible, composites, polymers