This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20004171
Work with the pharmacy to establish product/service requirements. Execute drug contracts after negotiation. Order drugs and supplies for the pharmacy. Monitor and forecast the drug usage for the pharmacy in order to determine what supplies are needed to meet demand. Locate drugs at manufacturer level if vendor does not have drug on hand to supply. Work with management to set annual cost savings targets and report monthly on performance against targets. Manage the data to support failure to supply.
Work with the pharmacy to establish product/service requirements. Order pharmaceuticals and supplies for the pharmacy.
* Maintain all backorder information. Research and maintain statistics of all items missing from the pharmacy floor.
* Maintain and verify drug inventory controls are at a level to meet customer demand. Participate in drug inventories. Assist the call center management with customer issues and communications when drugs are out of stock.
* Verify and resolve outstanding purchase orders.
* Compile monthly reports on performance against targets and monitor, track and report pharmacy inventory monthly.
* Special projects as assigned.
* BA/BS degree or six to eight years of relevant working experience
* Up to two years of relevant work experience
* Proficient in MS Excel and Word
* Strong organizational skills and complex problem solving skills; Strong math skills; Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage heavy workload; excellent verbal and written communication skills; Contracting experience preferred
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Pharmacy Operations Group is made up of our national network of wholly owned home delivery pharmacies. These pharmacies consist of administrative processing, Therapeutic Resource Centers and dispensing facilities with state-of-the-art technology that work together to provide clients and members with superior services. These facilities offer fast, seamless service to our members as prescriptions are routed between pharmacies for the highest quality and most expeditious processing and dispensing. Our sophisticated information technology systems and wide network of credentialed pharmacists in specific areas of expertise make us the only pharmacy network capable of delivering our unique practice model.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.