Pharmaceutical Drug Product US/LAR Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONZoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z -EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning pertaining to life. It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Global Manufacturing Technology Pharmaceutical Drug Product (GMT Pharma DP) US/LAR Lead, works in the Global Manufacturing Technology Organization, reporting to the GMT Global Pharma Drug Product Lead.
* Lead the GMT Pharma US/LAR Team
* Build a team of colleagues that provides project management and technical support appropriate for coordinating
* a. GMS US and LAR projects within the internal and external GMS manufacturing network,
* b. Regional VMRD projects and BD opportunities
* Motivates and lead a group of technical support/project leaders, ensure the team has the appropriate skills, training, equipment and priorities to meet the needs of GMS and to be a valuable asset to Zoetis.
* Develop and maintain an effective organization; Implement continuous improvement of best practices and standard work (Co-Dev, Launches, Transfers) across projects and the organization to meet company vision and mission
* Recognize development needs and create development opportunities within the team. Assess talent needs and identifies talent within the GMT organization.
* Work with other team leaders on sharing of technical knowledge across the network and encourage others to share knowledge. Contribute to the development of organizational knowledge management processes
* Establish and maintain an environment that encourages teamwork, motivation and commitment.
* Manage appropriate and timely communication on objectives and priorities within the project teams and to stakeholders
* Ensuring key project decisions are taken on time to meet the commitments for transfers, new products and life cycle management initiatives.
* Develop innovative concepts, take appropriate risk to successfully complete projects and guide direct reports on acceptable level of risk taking
* Support the development and maintenance of technical support agreements with stakeholders.
* May lead co-development and/or launch projects.
* May lead special projects as required by customer and group needs.
* Support the establishment of the GMT Pharma DP budget, track and ensure alignment
* Make decisions on long term objectives, manage projects with cross functional representatives and lead team by influence.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in chemistry, biology/microbiology, bacteriology, or associated scientific discipline required.
* 15 year of industry experience, minimum of 10 years directly applicable job experience
* Mastery of scientific, technical, & leadership practices and theories with broad and/or in-depth progressive experience.
* Proven record of consistent performance
* Demonstrated capability to effectively apply knowledge, lead multiple activities and balance customer priorities.
* Demonstrated excellence in planning and organizational skills.
* Proven competence in organizing, planning (quarterly/annually); personal learning, delegation, managing & measuring, process management, problem solving, and ability to lead or support multiple teams, groups, functions, key projects or processes.
* Comprehensive demonstrated skills in communicating (oral and written) effectively with diverse individuals/groups; facilitating trust, understanding, growth and continuous improvement and developing effective empowering and enabling employee, business and customer relationships.
* Demonstrated ability to work in diverse environment and internationally.
* Willingness to travel 25-30%
* Fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages is a plus