Pharmaceutical Pricing Fellow
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Myers & Stauffer LC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Myers and Stauffer LC is a certified public accounting and health care reimbursement consulting firm, specializing in audit, accounting, data management and consulting services to government-sponsored health care programs (primarily state Medicaid agencies, and the federal Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services). We have 40 years of experience assisting our government clients with complex health care reimbursement and provider compliance issues, operate 18 offices and have 800 associates nationwide.
At Myers and Stauffer you will have a career that is rewarding on every level of the organization. We are committed to providing our employees with:
* Professional growth and development opportunities
* Educational opportunities leading to certifications
* A diverse, dynamic, and challenging work environment
* Strong leadership, communication, and feedback
* A well-balanced lifestyle, that includes personal and family time in addition to professional and networking opportunities
* Creative and innovative solutions to challenges facing our government clients
The Pharmaceutical Pricing Fellow (PPF) will manage existing MAC and pharmacy consulting projects, communicate with clients, understand pharmacy reimbursement policy, and analyze data related to pharmacy reimbursement. The purpose of the PPF is to train a selected candidate in health care consulting through a variety of pharmacy projects.
The fellowship is a one-year program, starting on June 30th, 2017, consisting of a variety of project experiences with Myers and Stauffer.
* Prepare concise and well-written reports, memos, proposals, and white papers.
* Design and review reporting and analysis plans to meet client needs.
* Maintain security and confidentiality of all protected health information encountered during performance and other essential functions.
* Lead meetings, team projects, training on hot topics in the industry, and discuss current topics with clients and inter-professional team.
* Listen and communicate effectively.
* Mentor APPE pharmacy rotation students.
* Collaborate with and understand a wide variety of healthcare professionals, including but not limited to: pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy students, other healthcare professionals, educators, and payer drug coverage decision makers.
* Articulate and know where to access the drug-pricing spectrum including but not limited to a variety of drug pricing schemes, both on the manufacturer, wholesaler, as well as payer sides of pharmacy. Terms such as AWP, SMAC, NADAC, WAC, ASP, 340B, and who indexes these pricing lists and indices will be explored and mastered.
* Understand coverage, coding, payment and access for drugs, both in the inpatient and outpatient settings. HCPCS codes, ICD-10 codes, drug databases and clinical and pricing compendia will also be accessed for understanding different strengths of different drug database sources.
* Exercise leadership and management skills, and learn how to solve problems through data analytics and curating drug information.
* Practice better writing and editing skills.
* Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Fellowship Activities:
* Complete a research project of publishable quality that is relevant to fellowship activities and interests of the fellow, as coordinated between the fellow, the fellowship director and the pharmacy team.
* Present research findings and/or submit for publication to a professional journal.
* Precept P4 pharmacy students on Advanced Practice rotations with student from pharmacy schools via a layered learning model.
* Participate in training programs to enhance technical, interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Track and report on new drugs and pipeline drugs utilizing drug compendia, FDA.gov, and other drug information portals.
* Assist in recruitment and awareness of PPF opportunity in the broader pharmacy community.
* Pharmacy degree from ACPE accredited pharmacy school
* Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
* Effectively multi-task with planning and efficiency.
* Ability to function within a team environment as well as work independently.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
* Experience with managed care and analysis of pharmacy data is highly preferred.
* Active pharmacy license preferred.
* Masters of Business Administration (MBA), business minor, HIT minor, or Project Management preferred.
* Previous Medicaid, PBM or payer rotation or residency experience preferred.
* Preferably published writing.
* Preferably experience with SQL and the ability to query datasets.
* Cover letter
* 1 recommendation letter from a non-relative (either in academia or a former employer)
Fellowship Duration: June 30, 2017 to June 29, 2018
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans. An E-Verify Employer. Drug-free workplace.
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf