Pharmaceutical Process Engineer / Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
North Chicago, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title : Pharmaceutical Process Engineer
Duration: 12 Months+
Location :200 Abbott Park Road
This position is NonExempt. Hours over 40 will be paid at Time and a Half. Possesses educational qualifications and work experience as established by engineering schools, employers and licensing authorities for employment in the various disciplines of engineering, i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Chemical etc. Experience level: 7+ years.
Pharmaceutical Process Engineer
The Manufacturing Engineer / Cost Analyst will work closely with the Procurement teams, Operations teams, and/or Engineering teams to create and share should cost analyses. The analyst will be responsible to review technical specifications and commercial requirements to create a bottoms-up cost model for all required materials, process steps, and margin. The analyst should fully understand best in class technologies for pharmaceutical process technologies (compounding, granulation, forming, testing, and packaging) and be able to quantify the process and cost trade-offs between them. The analyst should have excellent presentation skills to enable them to present their results to a broad audience (both technical and commercial). The analyst should be able to perform a gap analysis between their analyses and a supplier's stated cost structure to identify the largest opportunities for improvement.
Key responsibilities include:
* Review / decipher technical specifications
* Create process maps to meet all technical and commercial requirements
* Estimate cost of material, labor, equipment & scrap for each process step
* Review analysis with subject matter experts and make necessary adjustments
* Present the analysis to procurement
* Conduct a gap analysis between the initial analysis and data submitted by suppliers
* Assist procurement in negotiations as a technical expert
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. Minimum 5years' experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Application Engineering, Quality Control or related operational functions.
3. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of manufacturing process.
4. Excellent business/financial acumen.
5. Excellent written and oral English language skills
6. Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of time
1. 5years Procurement, supply chain or commercial experience including experience leading teams.
2. Supply Chain Leadership experience (i.e. Team Leader, Manufacturing Project Leader, etc.).
3. Proven Executive Leadership skills in driving global change across an organization, including strong Change Acceleration Process skills.
4. Experience implementing a compliant supply chain.
5. Lean training/certification.
6. Solid working knowledge of critical tools (Access and Oracle).