Pharmaceutical Sales Rep - Pain Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONPernix Therapeutics is a specialty pharmaceutical business with a focus on acquiring, developing and commercializing prescription drugs primarily for the U.S. market. The Company targets underserved therapeutic areas such as CNS, including neurology and psychiatry, and have an interest in expanding into additional specialty segments. The Company promotes its branded products to physicians through its Pernix sales force; uses contracted sales organizations to market its non-core, cough and cold products, and markets its generic portfolio through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Macoven Pharmaceuticals, LLC and Cypress Pharmaceutical, Inc. The Corporate HQ is based in Morristown, New Jersey.
POSITION TITLE: Sales Specialist Pain
REPORTS TO: Regional Sales Director
Pernix Therapeutics is a specialty pharmaceutical business with a focus on acquiring, developing and commercializing prescription drugs. The Company targets therapeutic areas such as Pain Management, Migraine, Insomnia and Depression and has an interest in expanding into additional specialty segments.
This position is specifically for Pain, Migrane and Insomnia.
This position will report to the Regional Sales Director and will be required to manage a portfolio of products and a sales objective. Each candidate will be required to solely manage their assigned territory and targeted customers. Product portfolio, customer base, and geography may change due to market needs.
Pernix provides a collaborative and progressive work environment that includes a highly competitive pay structure with comprehensive benefits.
* Achieve sales results in assigned geography.
* Demonstrates ability to understand customer s business climate, assess overall market potential, identify and prioritize unique opportunities and business risks in local markets.
* Applies current corporate targeting methodology to allocate time and resources effectively
* Secures quality time with customers, with the ability to build trust with customers and demonstrate value in selling situations.
* Deliver high-quality engagements or interactions that deliver products/solutions with the common goal of improving health outcomes.
* Develop fluid territory plans that match Pernix resources and programs with key customer objectives and follow up to drive business.
* Utilize probing skills to identify customer issues and objectives. This includes the ability to listen intently, handle objections, and differentiate Pernix products from competition in a balanced fashion that gains customer commitment.
* Demonstrate high-level proficiency in utilizing business data and analysis to maximize the results for every sales call.
* Exhibit expertise in creating a long-term plan for enhancing customer relationships
* Effectively execute managed care pull-through opportunities
* Foster team effectiveness and accomplishments by sharing knowledge, experience and information.
Desired Skills and Experience
* BA/BS from an accredited school required. Focus in business or life science preferred.
* 2+ pharmaceutical/medical sales. Pain experience preferred.
* Proven sales success (documented) selling a portfolio of products in a solely managed territory (non-pod).
* History of building and influencing customer relationships
* Ability to utilize effective clinical selling skills
* Possess excellent presentation skills
* Ability to freely accept, implement, and exchange best practices
* Valid driver s license with a clean driving record
* Computer Skills: proficiency in business software (MS Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Some travel/overnights will be required