Pharmacist - Cancer Center-32hr Days-TEMPORARY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Interprets physician orders prior to entry/verification
* Monitors physician orders for dose, appropriateness of medication, current or potential impact as indicated by laboratory values, route of administration,
* Clarifies ambiguous or erroneous orders and notifies principles
* Monitors orders for drug interactions, adverse reactions, incompatibilities, therapeutic duplication, allergies
* Verifies the accuracy of order entry and of medications dispensed
* Compounds extemporaneous medications
* Narcotic control and assists in record maintenance
* Oversees pharmacy technician activities
* Inspects completed I.V. solutions for accuracy and compatibility
* Inspects all medications dispensed from pharmacy for accuracy and completeness
* Maintains proper licensure and educational requirements and provides documentation upon request
* Advises nurses, doctors, and patients on the proper and safe use of medications
* Provides drug identification to patients and healthcare professionals
* Assists in developing and implementing departmental educational programs
* Assists in inventory control and proper storage of medication
* Prepares iv admixtures as needed
* Prepares prescriptions in accordance with pharmacy laws and practice
* Complies with USP 797 and USP 795 when compounding or overseeing compounded medications
* Bachelor of Science degree in pharmacy or doctorate of pharmacy degree from an accredited college/University of pharmacy.
* Massachusetts registration in pharmacy
* Two years hospital pharmacy experience preferred
Newton-Wellesley Hospital will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, veteran or active military status, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation.