Pharmacist - Helen F. Graham Cancer Center Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care health System is currently recruiting for a full time Staff Pharmacist to work Day Shift. Holidays will be as required.
Christiana Care Health System is one of the nation s largest ( 1,000 beds) not-for-profit teaching institutions, serving all of Delaware and neighboring areas of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey- with over 54,000 admissions, 7,200 newborn deliveries, and 143,000 emergency department visits annually. Christiana Care is centrally located from major cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
To be responsible for the dispensing of medications and provision of pharmaceutical services to the patients of the Christian Care Health System Helen F. Graham Cancer Center upon receipt of a valid order. Evaluates individual patient medication needs; clarifies or corrects orders with the health care team; provides information to medical personnel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm.D required
* Current licensure (or eligible to reciprocate) in state of Delaware
* Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and interprets physicians' medication orders; reviews patient medication profiles to guard against sensitivities, contraindications, duplications, and major drug interactions; clarifies or corrects orders with physicians and nurses.
* Assures maintenance of patients' medication records in accordance with state and federal regulations and Christiana Care policy
* Provides drug information to other health care professionals and patients. Consults and advises members of the medical staff on matters relating to specific drug therapy problems; provides drug information and other informational materials to members of the medical, nursing and related staff; works with medical and/or nursing personnel to resolve problems involving pharmacy services
* Consults and advises members of the medical staff on matters relating to specific drug therapy problems; provides drug information and other informational materials to members of the medical, nursing and related staff; works with medical and/or nursing personnel to resolve problems involving pharmacy service
* Coordinates and supervises work-place activities and resources; promotes professional competence; assures that services rendered and work performed are in accordance with specific standards; advises, assists, and supervises work of pharmacy technicians; assumes final responsibility for accuracy of their work
* Demonstrates skill and knowledge necessary to provide pharmaceutical care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
* Demonstrates skill and knowledge necessary to function effectively and responsibly in various pharmacy settings (ex. satellite pharmacy, IV lab, OR pharmacy)
* Conducts interpersonal matters with others in a cooperative and tactful manner
* Prepares special medications involving compounding procedures and sterile products using aseptic techniques when necessary
* Assists with review and revision of departmental policies and procedures, as requested
* Makes recommendations to supervisor for improvement of methods and procedures
* Maintains a current knowledge of technical developments affecting scope of responsibility; participates in various local, state, and national organizations; participates on various hospital committees as assigned
* Assist with training programs of pharmacy interns, residents, students, and technicians; provides information in all pertinent areas of pharmacy practices, policies, and procedures. Shares in the evaluation process for the individuals.
WORK SHIFT: Day shift, No Rotation
POSITION TYPE: Pharmacy
JOB REQUISITION #: 39222BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at (302)327-5555 or (866)849-8598.
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Geriatric, Medical, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical, Pediatric, Healthcare, Science Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.