This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY - Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Develops and maintains policies in line with current legal and regulatory guidelines.
* Maintains the pharmacy operation to meet all necessary licensure requirements.
* Develops and maintains various pharmacy programs to assist physicians in providing optimal service in the selection, procurement, distribution, storage, and safe use of medications.
* Provides teaching and training for patients to explain medication therapy, side effects, etc.
* Provide leadership and guidance to technicians and other staff members in the performance of their responsibilities.
* Weighs, measures, mixes, and dispenses medication following regulatory standards and prescription orders.
* Evaluates prescriptions for medication, checking clarity, route of administration, purpose of use, dosage, schedule and compatibility with other order drugs and test. Consults directly with physicians on all orders requiring clarification and discussion.
* Procures and maintain adequate level of pharmaceutical.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of current trends, developments in treatment through the regular review of related materials, continuing education, professional affiliations, etc.
* Prepares various reports for management as required.
* Job descriptions are written in general way and may not include all duties or tasks that are to be performed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE-
* Graduate Pharmacist from an Accredited College. 2-4 years experience as a Pharmacist in a hospital or homecare environment.
* Requires analytical skills to detect drug incompatibilities, provide guidance to physicians, patient's families and medical personnel concerning pharmaceutical selection, procurement, distribution, safe use and storage. Must be computer literate.
* Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, to relate to staff, physicians, patients, and families as needed.
* Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of procedures and regulations related to the preparation and dispensing, safe use, and storage of pharmaceutical.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS- Pharmacy license in the state employed.
Lincare is an equal opportunity, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V