Pharmacist - Midnight Shift Job 9/18/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care Health System is one of the nation s largest ( 1,000 beds) not-for-profit teaching institutions, serving all of Delaware and neighboring areas of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey- with over 54,000 admissions, 7,200 newborn deliveries, and 143,000 emergency department visits annually. Christiana Care is centrally located from major cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
We are currently hiring a Staff Pharmacist to work Midnight shift - 7 days on and 7 days off. Hours are 9 pm to 8 am Monday through Friday and 9 pm to 9am on Saturday and Sunday.
* Receives and interprets physicians' medication orders; reviews patient medication profiles to guard against sensitivities, contraindications, duplications, and major drug interactions; clarifies or corrects orders with physicians and nurses.
* Verify/enter physician s medication orders in the PharmNet computer database and assure these orders are carried out.
* Appropriately convert/manage medications per P&T approved pharmacist policy; approved therapeutic interchanges, vancomycin dosing by pharmacy, renal dose adjustments, etc.
* Assures the accurate and timely refilling of patient medication bins (directly or as verification of technician's work)
* Assures maintenance of patients' medication records in accordance with state and federal regulations and Christiana Care policy (directly or as verification of technician's work)
* Provides drug information to other health care professionals and patients. Consults and advises members of the medical staff on matters relating to specific drug therapy problems; provides drug information and other informational materials to members of the medical, nursing and related staff; works with medical and/or nursing personnel to resolve problems involving pharmacy services
* Consults and advises members of the medical staff on matters relating to specific drug therapy problems; provides drug information and other informational materials to members of the medical, nursing and related staff; works with medical and/or nursing personnel to resolve problems involving pharmacy service
* Coordinates and supervises work-place activities and resources; promotes professional competence; assures that services rendered and work performed are in accordance with specific standards; advises, assists, and supervises work of pharmacy technicians; assumes final responsibility for accuracy of their work
* Demonstrates skill and knowledge necessary to provide pharmaceutical care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
* Conducts interpersonal matters with others in a cooperative and tactful manner
* Assumes responsibility for the delivery of pharmaceutical care to all inpatient served by the LL Pharmacy. Coordinates use of human, material, and informational resources such that timely, efficient, cost effective and appropriate care is consistently rendered.
* Conforms to current dress code requirements
* Prepares special medications involving compounding procedures and sterile products using aseptic techniques when necessary.
* Participates in investigational drug programs that may arise on the midnight shift when requested.
* Participate in the verification of non-formulary drugs that a patient brings into the institution intended for use by physician order.
* Participate in the investigation and resolution of missing dose issues on the unit when needed.
* Assists with review and revision of departmental policies and procedures, as requested.
* Performs other duties as required or assigned by emergency or other operational reasons for which the employee is qualified to perform.
* Makes recommendations to supervisor or via the ESP program for improvement of policies and procedures.
* Maintains a current knowledge of technical developments affecting scope of responsibility; participates in various local, state, and national organizations to enhance knowledge as a pharmacist.
* Maintains a current knowledge of all departmental safety procedures.
* Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to supervisor in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
* All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Pharmacy; PharmD preferred
* Minimum of three years of hospital experience preferred
* State of Delaware Licensure (or eligible)
WORK SHIFT: Morning shift, No Rotate
POSITION TYPE: Pharmacy
JOB REQUISITION #: 39335BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at (302)327-5555 or (866)849-8598.
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Geriatric, Pharmaceutical, Pharmacy, Medical, Database, Healthcare, Science, Technology Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.