Pharmacist; Per Diem
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Yale New Haven Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
To ensure that standards of clinical pharmacy practice are met and cultivated to promote increased pharmacist awareness of providing pharmaceutical care. Plays an active role in developing policy and procedure related to the clinical pharmacy services of the department and is an integral member of the pharmacy and therapeutics committee. Responsible for developing and maintaining staff education, training programs to enhance pharmacist knowledge and staff competencies.
* 1. Active member of Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
* 2. Develop, maintain staff competencies associated with Clinical Pharmacy
* 3. Coordinate clinical pharmacy quality assurance activities as required by the hospital, JCAHO, The State of Connecticut Health Department and Department of Consumer Protection and Drug Control Division
* 4. Responsible for maintaining continued professional growth of self and staff
* 5. Contributes to the productivity and efficient operation of the department.
* 6. Responsible for promoting the Greenwich Hospital Mission Statement and the Patient/Guest Relations Program.
* 7. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
Graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy. MS or PharmD. degree in pharmacy. Completion of an ASHP-accredited residency preferred.
Hospital pharmacy experience preferred
Minimum of five years hospital experience, practicing in a clinical environment. CT state licensed pharmacist or eligible to become licensed by the state of Connecticut to practice Pharmacy. Excellent writing ability, teaching ability and knowledge of preparing and presenting educational lectures for various sized group. Experience in hospital computer information systems.
Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals.