- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Pharmacist, Per Diem - Pharmacy (PHARMACIST PD)
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
Pharmacist, Per Diem - Pharmacy (PHARMACIST PD)
8 ; 20%
This classification is represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospital seeks a Per Diem Pharmacist responsible for the legal oversight of the pharmacy, pharmacy staff as well as the day to day operations during their scheduled shift. This includes overseeing schedules, personnel development, evaluation, discipline, and trouble-shooting as necessary.
Insuring that LPPH&C Pharmacy and Unit activities coordinated with other units within the depart ment are completed as scheduled, and the Unit's functions address the needs of the organization as a whole. In addition the LPPH&C Per Diem Pharmacist is responsible for enacting on a daily basis the departmental policies/procedures and goals/objectives that are consistent with those of the hospital organization, comply with the Langley Porter Medical Staff bylaws and various conditions of operational licensure under which Langley Porter functions.
The Per Diem Pharmacist is also responsible for the pro curement and distribution, and management of pharmaceutical services and drug control within Langley Porter Hospi tal during their scheduled time on-site. Other duties include participating in the hospital s overall quality assurance program, assuring the monitoring and evaluation of the quality and appropriateness of patient services provided by the department, teaching and communicating information on drug products to nursing and medical staff, provide clinical consultation with reference to drug usage, maintaining profiles on inpatient drug usage, and monitoring patients' medical and therapeutic conditions with regards to medication usage.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
* Minimum 2 year experience and in a Hospital (Medical Center) Pharmacy and/or in a retail/community pharmacy, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Possession of legal requirements for the practice of pharmacy as determined by the California Board of Pharmacy; must possess a current license to practice pharmacy in the State of California and be in good standing with the California State Board of Pharmacy
* Graduation from an accredited school of Pharmacy; and experience as a licensed pharmacist in a hospital pharmacy or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and knowledge and abilities necessary for the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position
* Demonstrates ability to complete assigned tasks accurately and thoroughly with little need for follow-up or correction
* Maintains current knowledge of brand & generic drugs, indications, common side effects, medical abbreviations and demonstrates excellent computer skills and good understanding of the computer systems. Demonstrates ability to type a minimum of 50wpm
* Demonstrates ability to carry out calculations required for common dosage conversions employing metric, apothecary and household equivalents, record charges, tally workload statistics, reports, inventory data, etc
* Maintains confidentiality of all patient information
* Meets work schedule Commitment. This includes being available a minimum of one 4 to 8 hour shift per month as well as Holidays and vacation coverage
* Knowledge of psychiatric medications, diagnoses and common issues related to both
* Knowledge of appropriate care based on the needs of specific individual, including age, race, medical conditions, etc. Demonstrates ability to provide appropriate care based on the needs of the specific individual, including age, for Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric
* Proficiency with personal computer programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Properly prioritizes work and completes assigned tasks on time
* Communicates effectively with other health care professionals and responds to inquiries by providing non-technical information or referring to the appropriate person. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required