Pharmacist - Pharmacy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSt. Francis Health is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Topeka, Kans. (estab. 1909)
* A tertiary care facility serving 12 counties in northeast Kansas
* 1,660 associates and 297 medical staff
* 378 beds
* 20 regional clinics
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Department
* General & Bariatric Surgery
* Heart & Vascular Center
* Joint & Spine Centers
* Rehabilitation Services
* Womens Services
Our multispecialty care community works together to pioneer inspired, innovative care in our mission to improve the health and lives of those we serve.
The Pharmacist provides drug information and assists physician in providing appropriate drug therapy for pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients. Compounds, prepares, mixes, manufactures and dispenses medicines and preparations. Oversees medications prepared by Pharmacy Technicians.
* Interprets physician orders and intervenes when appropriate for clarification or correction.
* Reviews the patient profile for allergies, interactions, and appropriateness before dispensing.
* Checks dosage for appropriateness for pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
* Carefully checks the work of Technicians before initialing labels. Directs Technicians to perform tasks appropriate to current priorities.
* Provides accurate drug information to other health professionals and lay persons where requested.
* Participates in interdisciplinary staff meetings and medical staff meetings.
Quality Improvement and Participation
* Performs nursing station inspections as assigned by the Director.
* Participates in medication use evaluations, records Pharmacist interventions, and adverse drug events.
* Attends departmental Pharmacist meetings.
* Completes controlled drug records accurately.
* Attends inservices for self-development. Teaches classes within the department to Nursing or medical staff when appropriate.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* Graduate from an accredited College of Pharmacy, required
* Valid license as a Pharmacist in the State of practice, required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* One (1) year of experience in a hospital pharmacy setting, preferred