Pharmacist - Wilmington Hospital Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care Health System is currently recruiting for a full time Staff Pharmacist to work the Day/Evening Shift rotation at the Wilmington Hospital. There is a weekend requirement of one weekend per month.
Christiana Care Health System is one of the nation s largest ( 1,000 beds) not-for-profit teaching institutions, serving all of Delaware and neighboring areas of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey- with over 54,000 admissions, 7,200 newborn deliveries, and 143,000 emergency department visits annually. Christiana Care is centrally located from major cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
To be responsible for the dispensing of drugs and/or the provision of pharmaceutical services to the inpatients/outpatients of Christiana Care upon the valid written/verbal order(s) of physicians or dentists authorized to practice within these facilities. Evaluates individual medication needs; clarifies or corrects orders with physicians and nurses; provides information to medical personnel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm.D required
* Current licensure (or eligible to reciprocate) in state of Delaware
* Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and interprets physicians' medication orders; reviews patient medication profiles to guard against sensitivities, contraindications, duplications, and major drug interactions; clarifies or corrects orders with physicians and nurses.
* Assures the accurate and timely refilling of patient medication bins (directly or as verification of technician's work)
* Assures maintenance of patients' medication records in accordance with state and federal regulations and Christiana Care policy (directly or as verification of technician's work)
* Assures that appropriate computer reports are run according to schedule
* Provides drug information to other health care professionals and patients. Consults and advises members of the medical staff on matters relating to specific drug therapy problems; provides drug information and other informational materials to members of the medical, nursing and related staff; works with medical and/or nursing personnel to resolve problems involving pharmacy services
* Consults and advises members of the medical staff on matters relating to specific drug therapy problems; provides drug information and other informational materials to members of the medical, nursing and related staff; works with medical and/or nursing personnel to resolve problems involving pharmacy service
* Coordinates and supervises work-place activities and resources; promotes professional competence; assures that services rendered and work performed are in accordance with specific standards; advises, assists, and supervises work of pharmacy technicians; assumes final responsibility for accuracy of their work; to include satellite pharmacies as well as sterile product processing in the IV Admixture Service lab, OR pharmacy and ambulatory chemotherapy areas, where the pharmacist is responsible for assuring USP 797 standards are consistently complied with.
* Conducts monthly nursing station inspections ensuring proper use, storage and quality of drugs
* Demonstrates skill and knowledge necessary to provide pharmaceutical care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
* Conducts interpersonal matters with others in a cooperative and tactful manner
* Assumes responsibility for the delivery of pharmaceutical care to patient groups served by the particular pharmacy in which the pharmacist is scheduled to work. Coordinates use of human, material, and informational resources such that timely, efficient, cost effective and appropriate care is consistently rendered.
* Prepares special medications involving compounding procedures and sterile products using aseptic techniques when necessary
* Participates in formal teaching programs of the department
* Participates in investigational drug programs when requested
* Assists with review and revision of departmental policies and procedures, as requested
* Performs other duties as required or assigned by emergency or other operational reasons for which the employee is qualified to perform
* Makes recommendations to supervisor for improvement of methods and procedures
* Maintains a current knowledge of technical developments affecting scope of responsibility; participates in various local, state, and national organizations; participates on various hospital committees as assigned
* Assist with training programs of pharmacy interns, residents, students, and technicians; provides information in all pertinent areas of pharmacy practices, policies, and procedures. Shares in the evaluation process for the individuals.
* Maintains a current knowledge of all departmental safety procedures
* Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to supervisor in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
* Performs other related duties as required.
WORK SHIFT: DayShf,Rotat Day/Even
POSITION TYPE: Pharmacy
JOB REQUISITION #: 39346BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at (302)327-5555 or (866)849-8598.
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
Nearest Major Market: Wilmington
Nearest Secondary Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Geriatric, Medical, Clinic, Pharmacy, Pediatric, Healthcare Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.