Pharmacy Manager - Comprehensive Cancer Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSaint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Denver (estab.1873)
* Largest acute care provider in Denver area
* 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
* 371 beds
* New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Women and Infants
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Services
* Medical Imaging
* Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
* Surgical Care
* Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Manages all aspects of ambulatory and offsite pharmacy services associated with ESJH.
* Oversees dispensing and activities of interns and technicians, as required
* Manages all aspects of ambulatory and offsite pharmacy services, including present and future functions
* Develops, manages, and is instrumental in set-up and coordination of all aspects of future ambulatory pharmacy clinics
* Review, approve and revise staff schedule as necessary
* Acts as a liaison between CCC and Hospital personnel
* Is available for all outpatient pharmacy questions or problems
* Manages inventory in the CCC Pharmacy
* Manages billing/contracts for outpatient pharmacy and other ambulatory services
* Manages the operation of the outpatient computer system and supports other computerized systems related to pharmacy.
* Interfaces with appropriate hospital departments to maintain equipment and services
* Perform staff pharmacist duties as necessary for the functioning of the department.
* Direct operational activities including unit inspections, controlled substance distribution, and repackaging of drugs.
* Other responsibilities and duties as assigned from time to time, based upon ESJH needs or requirements.
* Participation on the Pharmacy Management team including quality improvement, planning/program development, budget preparation and competency development
* Assist with Human Resource Management Functions such as interviewing, selection, orientation, education/training, feedback, performance evaluation, and policy and procedure development and enforcement.
* Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines and requirements.
* Oversee process improvement initiatives as required.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy
* Minimum of two years experience in institutional or ambulatory pharmacy practice.
* Advanced degree: Pharm. D. or Masters degree preferred
* Management/supervisory experience
* Oncology/Specialty pharmacy experience