Pharmacy Manager 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty and home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of employee benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Plans and manages the pharmacy in compliance within all legal and regulatory parameters, in cooperation with all other branch departments, and as an efficient and profitable business center.
* Builds a high-quality, service-oriented pharmacy team.
* Directs, coordinates, and evaluates pharmacy staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; succession planning; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Assures staff training and competency.
* Complies with Human Resources policies for department. May delegate policy components, but retains responsibility for performance and adherence.
* Develops a pharmacy budget. Analyzes revenue, profit, and inventory budgets to monitor performance to budget.
* Prepares, as requested by the General Manager, budget requests, operating budgets and budget revisions.
* Works with staff to continually develop and implement ideas for delivering high-quality, cost-effective services.
* Manages the daily financial activities of the pharmacy, including accounting, purchasing and business planning.
* Implements record systems and processes for the operating unit.
* Complies with state and federal regulations, accrediting body standards, corporate policies, and standards of performance. Serves as the Pharmacist in Charge for resident and non-resident state pharmacy licensure.
* Oversees pharmacy patient services directly or through a qualified individual with responsibility for policy implementation, patient satisfaction, and performance improvement.
* Participates directly in pharmacy services on an-needed basis and as appropriate to qualifications.
* Evaluates and communicates regarding the appropriateness and quality of drugs, supplies, equipment as well as other products and services selected for use by BioScrip.
* Manages compliance to the BioScrip formulary.
* Manages reimbursement for products and services in compliance with company policy and goals, to include drug, supply, and equipment selection and utilization, and participates in the submission of clean claims through compliance to proper pharmacy billing procedures.
* Maintains current information as to trends and developments in drugs, clinical care, and business interests; presents recommendations for marketing of programs.
* Works with sales and marketing staff to develop and promote strategies for business growth.
* Oversees staff allocation, inventory control, and other expenses according to performance standards.
* Represents the organization at various clinical or sales meetings; promotes existing and new programs.
* Participates in the pharmacy on-call rotation.
* Maintains solid knowledge of, and compliance with, BioScrip policies and procedures.
* Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
* Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Management responsibility for all pharmacy staff; may direct subordinate supervisors.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy; Master's or PharmD preferred. Current Pharmacist licensure in good standing in state of practice. Minimum of three (3) years proven supervisory or management experience and at least five (5) years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Experiential requirements may be waived in lieu of evidence of progressive growth in and attainment of the skills necessary to perform the required duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Knowledge of local, state, federal, and other regulations applicable to the practice of pharmacy; knowledge of regulations and legal requirements governing the industry.
* Knowledge of accreditation standards and requirements.
* Works independently; demonstrates leadership in the practice of pharmacy.
* Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with branch departments.
* Employee development and performance management skills.
* Knowledge of staff hiring procedures.
* Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures; developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
* Knowledge of computerized information systems, including financial applications.
* Knowledge of state, federal and commercial infusion pharmacy reimbursement.
* Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
* Knowledge of current business issues and trends.
* Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
* Knowledge of management principles and practices.
* Ability to develop and implement financial plans and manage resources.
* Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
* Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
* Knowledge of marketing strategies, processes, and available resources.
* Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret pharmacy and clinical information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from referral sources, managers, patients, employees, payors and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pharmaceutical calculations, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and volume. Ability to read and interpret profit-and-loss statements. Ability to prepare budgets and revenue projections.
Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of abstract variables.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed,