Pharmacy Supervisor - Evening Shift Job 9/18/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care health System is currently recruiting for a full time Staff Pharmacist to work Primarily Evening Shift.
Christiana Care Health System is one of the nation s largest ( 1,000 beds) not-for-profit teaching institutions, serving all of Delaware and neighboring areas of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey- with over 54,000 admissions, 7,200 newborn deliveries, and 143,000 emergency department visits annually. Christiana Care is centrally located from major cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Coordinates and supervises activities of assigned Pharmacy personnel, with the goal of providing efficient, timely, accurate pharmacy services; works under the general direction of the Director, Pharmacy Operations and the Vice President Pharmacy Services. Performs other functions as required, including assumption of other supervisor s or Director s duties in their absence. Supervisor is an experienced hospital pharmacist.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supervises activities of pharmacists and technicians to assure expected level of services
* Assures the proper maintenance and functioning of all satellite pharmacy operations
* Responsible for the performance management and evaluation process of assigned personnel
* Participates in the development and review/modification of polices and/or procedures
* Demonstrates a Culture of Responsibility (CoR) during event investigation, conversations with personnel and proactive identification/resolution of risky behavior
* Participates on Pharmacy management team in planning and service coordination
* Develops standards and monitors new order processing/dispensing accuracy and timelines
* Develops and maintains positive relationships with key departmental customers on the Christiana campus to foster effective communication, problem-solving, and planning.
* Represents the department on inter-departmental and system level projects/initiatives, assigned by the Vice President/Director
* Participates actively in the Departmental Performance Improvement Team, representing satellite operations
* Participates in the selection and hiring of staff and coordinates their orientation and training
* Assumes staff and/or clinical pharmacist responsibilities as needed. Also, fills in staffing on any shift as needed for relief due to illness, short staffing and/or vacation.
* Addresses staffing shortage concerns due to call outs
* Conducts interpersonal matters with others in a cooperative and tactful manner
* Completes projects in a timely manner
* Manages time efficiently
* Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Addresses and/or reports to Director/VP, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
* Coordinates daily operations with Inpatient Supervisors, Directors, Storeroom/Purchasing Coordinator and Timekeeper/Executive Assistant.
* Responsible for compliance with Joint Commission and other regulatory standards as they apply to assigned duties and responsibilities. Maintains department reports and statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Pharmacy Services or Directors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm.D required
* Current licensure (or eligible to reciprocate) in state of Delaware
* Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
WORK SHIFT: Evening shift, No Rotate
POSITION TYPE: Pharmacy
JOB REQUISITION #: 39336BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at (302)327-5555 or (866)849-8598.
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Pharmacy, Manager, Law, Healthcare, Management, Night, Operations, Legal Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.