Pharmacy Tech Education Specialist-Pharmacy Main 9/15/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details:
* Summary of Position Description
The Pharmacy Technician Education Specialist is responsible for overseeing the development, administration, maintenance and monitoring of the education and training/mentoring on a variety of duties in the receipt, storage, preparation, distribution, and delivery of medications and supplies. The Pharmacy Technician Education Specialist will also be responsible for developing and maintaining the master schedule of the Pharmacy Technician team.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
* High school diploma or GED certificate required.
* Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certification required.
* Associates Degree preferred.
* Currently licensed as a pharmacy technician in the State of Maine or currently eligible consistent with the current State of Maine Board of Pharmacy requirements.
* Ability to assist in meeting the pharmaceutical care needs of all patients.
* A minimum of one (1) year experience in the compounding of sterile preparations.
Pharmacy Tech Education Specialist-Pharmacy Main