This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY - Under direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, the pharmacy technician will assist the pharmacist in filling, labeling and mixing medications. They will also enter prescription orders into the computer, create and update patient health and insurance information, correspond with the insurance companies regarding the payments for prescription claims and assist with the pharmacy inventory management. Member of the Quality Improvement Committee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Selects drugs from stock for preparations; counts, pours, or mixes pharmaceuticals; places pharmaceutical products in appropriate containers and affixes labels to containers; packages and repackages pharmaceuticals to other clinics.
* Monitors prescription inventory for expired pharmaceuticals that must be returned to manufacturer; receives and prices incoming pharmaceuticals; verifies invoices and statements.
* Receives prescriptions and obtains information from patients at pharmacy window to determine financial class and eligibility; using a computerized system, enters prescription data to create a patient profile and prescription label; prepares and maintains patient profile with notations for pharmacist's review; performs clerical accounting duties related to billing and eligibility.
* Answers telephone and takes messages for patient refill request and related pharmacy business; maintains the pharmacy in a clean and orderly condition; performs data entry for the billing and re-billing.
* Rotates as a member, Quality Improvement Committee.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with minimum of one year pharmacy experience. Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of medication brand and generic names. Must be willing to learn and adapt to changing roles based on the needs of the business. Requires excellent interpersonal and time management skills with motivation to be self-directed and have the ability to prioritize.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS -. Pharmacy Technician Certificate preferred but not required
Lincare is an equal opportunity, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V