Pharmacy Technician - Full Time
McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
Assists pharmacists and administrative staff in the provision of pharmaceutical care services. Responsible for participation in pharmacy operations, medication distribution, inventory control, Omnicell usage, and maintenance of personal technical competency.
Technical skills required include expertise in Omnicell use and medication preparation. Additionally, provides exemplary customer service, contributes to the efficient operation and productivity of the Pharmacy Department, and displays the interest and motivation to achieve excellence in pharmacy practice in the institutional setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
* Prepares pharmaceutical preparations in a quality manner under the direction of the pharmacist utilizing pharmacy software and hardware systems
* Performs Omnicell pharmacy functions
* Executes medication distribution
* Ensures that drugs and supplies are available in the department and designated hospital care areas by maintaining appropriate inventories
* Performs monthly inspection of pharmacy inventory to identify expired or damaged pharmaceuticals
* Maintains confidentiality of patient and departmental information
* Provides positive, supportive, and courteous communications to patients, families, visitors, and hospital personnel at all times
TECHNICAL GROWTH RESPONSIBILITY
* Identifies own learning needs by seeking assistance from pharmacist and administrative team
* Documents maintenance of technical skills appropriate to pharmacy technician
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
EDUCATION: High school graduate
LICENSE: MA Pharmacy Technician Registration required, Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience as a pharmacy technician in a hospital setting preferred. Extensive knowledge of Omnicell or Pyxis medication management preferred.
WORK SCHEDULE: Rotating shift including weekends and holidays
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes. It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.