- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Pharmacy Technician Generalist - Maine Medical Center
Summary of Position Description
Base pay plus overnight and weekend shift differentials
This is an Overnight position approx. 11p -7a
Under the general supervision of a pharmacist, the Technician Generalist performs a variety of technical and precise duties relating to medication preparation, storage, distribution, and disposition. The position requires an ability to interpret pharmaceutical terminology including a wide variety of chemical compound names, quantification of medication needs based on prescribed dose, frequency, available dosage forms, respond to minor inquiries regarding medication distribution from other healthcare professionals.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* High school diploma or GED certificate required.
* Eligible or currently licensed in the State of Maine.
* A minimum of one year of experience in an organized healthcare setting such as a hospital or home infusion pharmacy is preferred.
* Associates Degree and/or CPhT certificate is preferred.
* Analytical skills necessary to identify and resolve problems related to medication preparation and distribution.
* Experience in the preparation and distribution of medications for patients of all ages is preferred.
* Understands and accurately completes pharmaceutical calculations and their application to pharmacy practice.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Pharmacy Technician Generalist Maine Medical Center