Pharmacy Technician I - Outpatient Yawkey (40 hrs, Days/Evenings/Weekends, U)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Boston Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OPPORTUNITY
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN I - OUTPATIENT YAWKEY (40 HRS, DAYS/EVENINGS/WEEKENDS, U)
JOB ID 2160236 DATE POSTED 05/12/2016 apply now
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
The Pharmacy Technician I is responsible for providing pharmacy services which include, but are not limited to preparing and distributing pharmaceuticals, typing prescriptions, interpreting SIG codes, communicating with other health care providers, resolving insurance claims, performing inventory control, providing customer service, and maintaining pharmacy records. The Pharmacy Technician I works under the direct supervision of the Pharmacists, and/or the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor to ensure delivery of high quality patient focused pharmacy service. The Pharmacy Technician I is an entry-level position and duties are designed to develop knowledge base and competency level while performing pharmacy functions in the Outpatient pharmacy. This person must be self-motivating, have a strong work ethic, must support a healthy work environment through his or her actions, and must utilize the hospital's Values as the basis for decision making and to facilitate the department's hospital mission.
* Requires a high school diploma or State accepted equivalency (GED).
* Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy.
* No experience required; at least 6 months to a year experience in a retail or outpatient pharmacy setting is preferred.
* Work requires effective interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with hospital staff, patients, families/visitors, physicians, colleagues, and others.
* Ability to speak the English language, read, interpret and follow complicated verbal and written instruction with precision, accuracy and dependability.
* Additional language skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is very helpful.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize essential tasks and meet deadlines.
* Strong math skills required; ability to perform work accurately and pay attention to details, including being able to perform general mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios & proportions).
* Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information.
* Must maintain the required level of competency to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.