Pharmacy Technician II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: Prepares sterile and non sterile medications. Communicates with Pharmacists and Nursing Staff to insure
timely preparation and delivery of medications. Delivers medications including controlled substances to nursing areas and
ancillary departments in accordance to established policies and procedures and DEA and DPH regulations.
* Prepares sterile products including TPN, neonatal, hazardous, chemotherapeutic and study medications in
accordance with Federal USP standards.
* Monitors medication order reports and assigns medications to automated dispensing cabinets. Reviews current
inventory list for automated dispensing cabinets to determine medications that should be removed based on
knowledge of unit based practice site and the types of medications used on each site.
* Delivers controlled substances to automated dispensing cabinets in compliance with all DEA and DPH regulations.
Monitors expiration dates of controlled substances automated dispensing cabinets. Acts as witness for Pharmacists
to destroy or secure expired controlled substance and narcotic waste.
* Restocks floor stock/automated dispensing cabinets. Enters charges and credits to patients for the medications sent on the daily IV delivery and cartfill to insure an accurate bill. Refills and exchanges code boxes and emergency
medications to nursing units and ancillary areas. Monitors expiration dates of code boxes and emergency kits in the
* Checks for expired medications in the pharmacy and in the automated dispensing cabinets. Inventories and
maintains stock levels in the unit dose area and the satellite. Insures that all expired and damaged medications are
disposed of in accordance with RCRA, OSHA and NIOSH regulations.
* High School diploma or GED required .
* Registration required: Registered Pharmacy Tech, and Certificate 1 required: Certfied Pharmacy Technician
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Registration required with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy as a Registered Pharmacy
Technician. This requirement is met upon completion of greater than 500 hours and not more than 1000 hours. A
passing score of 75% is required of a board approved registration examination.
* Employee must remain in good standing with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy including
maintenance of registration and fees. * Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Three to six months experience as a hospital pharmacy technician.
* Ability to perform simple and complex pharmaceutical calculations.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf