Pharmacy Technician II - Sterile Compounding
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a Pharmacy Technician II - Sterile Compounding to join our team. Monday - Friday; day shift.
Responsible for sterile compounding under the supervision of a Pharmacist, to include cleanroom maintenance, completing documentation, and drug compounding.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1 Understands USP Chapter 797, ASHP guidelines for cytotoxic drug compounding and company policies concerning sterile compounding.
2 Enforces Company policy on cleanroom protocol, testing, documentation, and remedial action.
3 Checks labels, compounding documents, and prescriptions for content.
4 Gathers and pre-checks compounding material prior to its entry into the cleanroom.
5 Compounds sterile products.
6 Checks final product for particulate matter and container integrity.
7 Labels compounded products when state regulations permit.
8 Checks ancillary supplies.
9 Picks/packs supplies.
10 Monitors cleaning and quality control logs for completeness.
11 Assists in prioritization of the daily pharmacy compounding schedule.
12 Performs the Pharmacy Technician duties considered acceptable by the state pharmacy regulations under supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
13 Participates in the pharmacy on-call rotation.
14 Maintains solid knowledge of, and compliance with, Company policies and procedures.
15 Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
16 Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
17 Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach outward, and handle/finger.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder, climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend.
* The employee may be required to occasionally push/pull or life/carry up to 15lbs.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Work is normally performed in a cleanroom located in an interior work environment.
* Chemotherapy is compounded on site; compliance with all safety procedures required.
* May occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma; meets all state requirements, which may be registration, licensure or certification. Minimum of three (3) or more years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Knowledge of local, state, federal, and other regulations; knowledge of regulations and legal requirements governing the industry.
* Knowledge of computerized information systems.
* Ability to work without constant supervision, cognizant of the Pharmacist's supervisory role
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively within branch departments.
* Ability to maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret pharmacy and clinical information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from referral sources, managers, patients, employees, payors and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pharmaceutical calculations, discounts, percentages, and volume. Ability to read and interpret compounding, inventory, and delivery documents.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of abstract variables.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.