- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Cherokee Medical Services - Mayport, FL
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Cherokee Medical Services provides professional health care staffing services to military hospitals and health clinics across the United States. We are currently seeking Pharmacy Tech at Naval Branch Health Clinic near Mayport, FL.
Summary of Responsibilities
The health care worker shall perform the following but not limited to:
a. Adhere to essential policies and procedures, including those relating to proper use of medications and the formulary.
b. As prescribed by pharmacists, fill outpatient prescription orders.
c. Perform extemporaneous compounding and provision of bulk medications, ensuring there are no chemical and/or physical incompatibilities.
d. Utilize available medication information reference materials.
e. Provide patient medication information and counseling.
f. Order medications using the DMLSS system.
g. Educate and orient self and other staff members to the operations and policies of the pharmacy department and clinic.
h. Customer Service Accountability – Contract employees providing services at NH Jacksonville and supporting facilities shall adhere to the Customer Service standards specified in NAVHOSPJAXINST 6320.7F or updated versions. A copy of the instruction will be made available upon request or at the time of commencement of services.
• Be a graduate from a Pharmacy Technician program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), OR possess certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), OR have successfully completed a formal pharmacy technician training program (i.e., a technical, hospital, or retail-based program) or a formal medical services training program of the United States Military.
• Have a minimum of 1 year of full-time experience within the last 3 years in a setting corresponding to the requirements of the task order.
• Have a working knowledge of pharmacy computer systems such as CHCS and/or AHLTA.
• Provide three letters of recommendation from practicing Pharmacists or pharmacy supervisors attesting to his/her professional skills, competencies, patient rapport, etc. Reference letters must include name, title, phone number, date of reference, address and signature of the individual providing reference. Letters of reference must have been written within the preceding two years.
• Must be BLS certified (Basic Life Support).
• Must be a U.S. citizen
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive employee benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, and paid time off.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Cherokee Medical Services is an equal opportunity and drug free employer.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance