This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20003969
Works as part of a team in resolving requests in Pull Department, Pull Rx, Letter processing, and Controls exception across ESI as needed. Pull Department responsibilities require walking, standing, and repetitive up and down lifting of boxes weighing 35lb and repetitive pulling of prescriptions 95% of the work time. Pull Rx responsibilities will include pull, copy, fax, and processing. Letter processing will need to provide data entry, type customer service notes, and own total member correspondence. Controls exception will include data verification, QA, and exception processing. Adhere to strict HIPAA regulation especially when communicating to others outside of Express Scripts. All team members will be expected to work as per Policies and Procedures (P &P) and Work Instructions with onsite or offsite departments, internal or external to the company as directed. The weights listed in Essential Functions will vary as size and needs of the department change. All team members are expected to work with Supervisors and Management to cross-train and develop proficiency across all functional areas of the job.
* Process letter requests by manual or automated databases, typing customer service notes in system, pulling Rx, and processing member correspondence.
* Work Rx pull requests, rescan, and work with RPh to obtain appropriate documentation to resolve request.
* Controls work includes data input / validation , Quality Assurance (QA), Prescriber and Patient outreach, and working with RPh and Pharmacy per work instructions, P&P, management direction, or any national or state regulations.
* Participate in Lean and Continuous Improvement efforts internal and external to the department.
* Perform all QA tasks as identified.
* Complete and process data for reporting needs.
* Prepare and organize work for storage both on and offsite.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent experience
* 0-1 years relevant experience; Clerical experience preferred
* Pharmacy Technician license / certification / registration as required by state laws
* Basic math skills and general PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet, and email required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills desired
* Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
* Ability to adapt and work collaboratively in a dynamic environment to learn quickly, solve problems, and make decisions with minimal supervision
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, production environment
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate peak volume times
* A willingness and ability to learn internal systems/processes/programs as needed
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The mission of Client Services is to meet market needs for speed, flexibility and reliability, while driving and influencing best operational practices to make Express Scripts the most competitive and effective PBM.
Client Services includes Client and Benefit Administration, Manual Claims Processing, Eligibility, Quality Control, Implementation and the Client Service Center. These centralized functions support the client lifecycle throughout the enterprise to help Express Scripts get it right the first time to increase client satisfaction and reduce waste and the cost of rework.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.