Pharmacy Technician Specialist (340B Compliance) - Pharmacy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Will be responsible for daily maintenance of compliant pharmacy operations and auditing of processes across all eligible areas within TMC Health System, as related to HRSA 340B Drug Pricing Program. Audit areas will focus on purchasing, medication distribution and information technology/data validation. Able to perform the responsibilities of a hospital pharmacy technician.
* High school diploma or the equivalent
* Two year experience in a hospital pharmacy record keeping or work experience in related field (Business, Accounting , Finance, Supply)
* Demonstrated ability to use software in data recordkeeping and generating of reports
* Ability to take initiative in follow-up and problem solving for drug procurement
* Must be able to type 40 wpm, proficient with computer, and use a 10-key calculator
* Active pharmacy technician registration with the Missouri Board of Pharmacy
* PTCB certification or obtain within 180 days of employment
* Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
* Direct work experience 340B program operations in a health system preferred
* Detailed understanding of processes with regard to Pharmacy Supply Chain, Ambulatory Pharmacy, Pharmacy Operations, Health System reimbursement and finance preferred
* Strong health system IT background preferred
8:00AM - 4:30PM