Phlebotomist-Clinic-Per Diem -60408 9/14/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Phlebotomist Clinic Per Diem (60408)
University Medical Laboratories
August 1, 2014
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED.
Certified or eligible for certification as a phlebotomist by National Credentialing Agency (NCA) or American Society for Clinical Pathologist (ASCP). Relevant experience may be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Possess a valid driver s license.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Performs phlebotomy (the practice of entering a vein to draw blood) services on patients, as requested by physicians, in support of University Medical Laboratories/WVU Healthcare mission of patient care.
* These phlebotomy services will take place in, but not limited to, Physician Offices, all Nursing Homes, Nursing Care Facilities, and Rehabilitation Centers which have contracted with UML to provide phlebotomy and laboratory services, as well as on site draws at the UML office if requested.
* The Phlebotomist provides timely delivery of all biological samples from the client to University Medical Laboratories in a provided UML vehicle, adhering to prescribed transportation criteria and laboratory policies.
* The individual will deliver reports and supplies to clients and will adhere to all WVU Healthcare and UML departmental policies and procedures.
* Responsibilities include operation of basic laboratory equipment (e.g. centrifuges, computer systems, labeling printers, scanners, phone system, etc.) and excellent communication skills toward patients, clients and staff. Other duties may be assigned.
PERFORMANCE STANDARD: Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUH Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, and Shared Values & Culture.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical capability to move as required, equipment and/or supplies up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.