Phlebotomist/ Medical Secretary- Full Time- Framingham
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 1/12/2017
Partners Community Physicians Organization(PCPO)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Summary/Overview:
The Phlebotomist/ Medical Secretary Office Float performs phlebotomy and administrative support in a busy office setting. This role will float within the office in a clinical and administrative capacity. Must have the ability to multitask work independently.
Three to five years high volume phlebotomy experience required for this role.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs laboratory specimen collection.
* May perform other diagnostic procedures and treatments such as EKGs, PFTs, and urine collection.
* Cleans, prepares, and ensures supplies are appropriately stocked and disposed of properly.
* Follows patient identification protocol, maintains confidentiality, and upholds compliance standards.
* Works closely with the physician/provider and flow coordinator to appropriately schedule patients to maximize efficiency and timely provide patient care and patient services.
* Courteously answers telephone according to 3 ring standard, providing appropriate greeting and following CRMAs call hold expectations. Strives for first-call resolve of issues to meet patient needs. Directs calls appropriately and takes messages using the electronic medical record system following protocol to ensure maximum efficiency.
* Supports patient and work flow management on a day-to-day basis to prioritize and ensure that the provider and other healthcare team members handle messages, prescription refills, review of labs/results, and forms are completed timely to eliminate batching of work.
* Schedules patients for in-office appointments as well as specialist, referral, ancillary, and test appointments. Assists in the referral/test tracking function as assigned.
* Processes referrals, obtains required insurance authorizations, and performs insurance eligibility verification functions.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work safely in a patient care environment and follow OSHA and safety requirements.
Requires prolonged standing, walking, bending, reaching, and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
Work is performed in a fast-paced laboratory. Constant contact with public, and clinic and office support staff. Exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids. Equal Opportunity Employer