Miles City, MT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Holy Rosary Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Miles City, Mont. (estab. 1910)
* Regions largest integrated healthcare provider & private employer
* 500 associates, volunteers & medical staff members
* 25-bed acute care critical access hospital, physician clinics & senior living
Services & Expertise
* Family Health & Wellness
* Womens Health
* Imaging & Ancillary Services
* Therapy Services
* Senior Living
* Surgery & Emergency Center
Holy Rosary Healthcare is eastern Montanas healthcare destination providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People through the communities we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
Works under close supervision to obtain blood samples used in diagnostic testing.
* Verifies patients identification and obtains specimens of patient blood for diagnostic testing by means of venipuncture or skin puncture methodology utilizing a syringe, lancet or other approved technique.
* Calms and reassures patients who are anxious or apprehensive about having blood specimen withdrawn, explains to patient why specimen is needed in order to elicit cooperation.
* Prepares blood samples obtained for diagnostic testing in laboratory by adding type and quantity of preservative or anti-coagulant specified for test procedures requested.
* Fixes blood specimen on glass slide by utilizing edge of another glass slide to smear a drop of blood across its surface for the purpose of microscopic examination by other personnel.
* Carries or otherwise forwards all blood specimens drawn to appropriate laboratory for analysis.
* Receives, accessions, and processes patient specimens (including centrifuging, making primary inoculations of media, preparing and staining of smears and/or plates, and operating semi and fully automated equipment).
* Records and transcribes laboratory test results from lab reports and worksheets into a permanent log. Routes laboratory reports to patients ward, as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent, required
* Phlebotomy training, required
* Six months of experience in blood-drawing techniques, preferred
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* One (1) year of experience in a hospital setting, preferred
SCL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.