Phlebotomist - Oxnard/Santa Barbara CBOC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 7/25/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
STG International (STGi) is currently accepting resumes for a Phlebotomist to provide services at a Community Based Outpatient Clinic. This is for a future position - No active openings.
The clinic operates Monday Friday during normal business hours.
The general duty of the Phlebotomist is to provide phlebotomy services as well as administrative/clerical support for the Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC).
* Perform a full range of phlebotomist duties to include proper venipuncture and finger-stick and heel-stick procedures using appropriate techniques, and perform set-up and completion of special test-related phlebotomy procedures utilizing appropriate techniques. Ensure that all aspects of patient accessioning, specimen collection, processing, and distribution are performed properly.
* Conduct patient in-processing prior to specimen collection, including review of paperwork accompanying patients and cordial guidance and assistance.
* Assemble equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray, according to requirements for specified tests or procedures.
* Verify or record identity of patient or donor and converses with patient or donor to allay fear of procedure and conduct interviews, take vital signs, and draw and test blood samples to screen donors at blood bank.
* If applicable, provide technical oversight and training to ensure that all invasive procedures (venipuncture, capillary puncture, clotting time, etc) performed in the laboratory are done in the safest, most sanitary, and expeditious manner, with minimal discomfort for the patient.
* Perform phlebotomy-related administrative and clerical procedures of the Front Desk Section of the lab and fully document all samples obtained per the laboratory s standard operating procedures; maintain the supply inventory and cleanliness of the front desk and phlebotomy area.
* Perform non-phlebotomy-related administrative and clerical support in various areas of the clinic as needed (front desk, exam rooms, etc).
* Provide instruction on patient centered specimen collection (24-hour urine, occult blood testing, semen analysis, etc) and special requirements necessary for laboratory-collected specimens (fasting requirements, special diets, etc.). Demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of phlebotomy and collection of adequate clinical specimens and utilize age-specific techniques to obtain specimens from infants and the elderly if applicable.
* Possess knowledge of medical terminology, allowing test requests and results to be understood and communicated.
* Demonstrate knowledge of the type and severity of patient reactions, including, but not limited to, syncope, vomiting, and unconsciousness and the procedures for such instances. Counsel patients on care of post-phlebotomy complications (i.e. hematomas).
* Perform other work related duties as assigned.
STG International, Inc. (STGi) is a dynamic government contracting company dedicated to providing leading-edge Medical Staffing services to our government and military clientele.
Outside of Medical Staffing services, STGi also provides Human Resource Services and System Solutions, Management and Data Resources Consulting Services, and Professional and Administrative Services.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STGi was founded in 1997 to provide high quality management and technical services to federal clients. Previously certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration as a woman-owned, minority business, STGi is a financially sound organization poised for continued success, as is evidence by the company s exponential growth each year.
STGi offers An outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy. STG International is an EEO compliant organization.
* Possess and maintains a current certification and registration as a Phlebotomy Technician from the American Society of Clinical Pathology (PBT-ASCP), or a current certification and registration as a Phlebotomy Technician from the American Medical Technologist (RPT-AMT).
* Possess Basic Life Support (BLS)/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
* Possess knowledge of medical terminology.
* Knowledge of the type and severity of patient reactions, including, but not limited to, syncope, vomiting, and unconsciousness and the procedures for such instances.
* Minimum of two (2) years of current clinical experience working in a similar environment as a phlebotomist.
* Graduate of an accredited high school or equivalent. College degree preferred.
* Possess either a degree or certificate of graduation from an approved/accredited phlebotomy training program OR 12 months experience as a Phlebotomist within the past 36 months.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a Competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
Oxnard, California, United States