This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01269-11684
PARKRIDGE EAST is currently looking for a PHLEBOTOMIST.
* Collects blood samples ensuring proper patient identification and labeling of samples.
* Follows hospital policies and procedures for transporting/delivering samples to laboratory.
* Maintains strict quality control for procedures.
* May perform special tests such as clotting time, bleeding time and glucose tolerance tests and report test results.
* Maintains records of tests performed and blood samples taken.
* Maintains needed equipment and supplies.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
* Formal phlebotomy training required.
* Previous experience preferred.
Last Edited: 09/14/2016