Phoenix Sky Harbor PT Supervisor - PM Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Part-time Gateway Supervisor will be working with other gateway supervisors in a fast paced, constantly changing environment. Must be able to adapt well to changes and be able to make decisions that will affect the operation hours in advance. Must be able to perform multiple tasks at the same time.
As a gate supervisor at UPS, you must complete FAA Certified training for all UPS aircraft and submit to random drug and alcohol testing.
Responsibilities and Job Duties
* Coordinate all inbound and outbound aircraft activity
* Communicate with all internal and external departments such as aircraft maintenance, cargo, hub, flight control, agriculture, customs, and various vendors
* Create load plans and performs DWB calculations on assigned flights and communicates all changes and updates to Load Planners
* Assist FT supervisors with any contingencies and communicate details to affected departments
* Able to work on Holidays and WEEKENDS and have flexibility with their schedule
* Extended hours may be required as operational needs dictate
* Report to work on a regular and timely basis
* Communication between SDF, other centers, andAmerica's Region countries
* Work cooperatively in a diverse work environment
* Supervise a group of hourly employees, including regular job appraisals , days off ,vacation coverage
* Perform other functions that may be assigned
Preferred Education or Equivalent Experience
* College/Technical degree
* Experience with MS Office applications (Excel & Word)
* Able to type 45 wpm
Preferred Communication Skills
* Good verbal and written communication and organizational skills
* Good analytical skills
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity