This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
COX MEDIA GROUP MEMPHIS WHBQ-TV has an opening for a great PHOTOJOURNALIST who has the ability to see the best pictures and sound, put them together to tell impactful stories, then shoot an active live shot with good lighting.
* Operate and maintain a professional quality video camera and related news gathering equipment.
* Be familiar with and understand non-linear editing techniques to meet deadlines and create high-impact stories.
* Operate and maintain live equipment including microwave, satellite, and LiveU backpack.
* Work with reporters in the field to turn visually-creative, memorable stories as well as interesting, active live shots.
* Bring story ideas and creative energy to the table every day.
* Education: 2 year college or trade school preferred
* Experience: 2 years in news or related field
* Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 40 pounds and work mornings, nights, holidays, and weekends. Travel up to 10%.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time