Photonics Module Test Engineer 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMCORE Corporation designs and manufactures Indium Phosphide (InP) optical chips, components, subsystems and systems for the broadband and specialty fiber optics market. EMCORE was the pioneer in linear fiber optic transmission technology, and today is a leader in optical components, as well as a provider of complete end-to-end solutions for high-speed communications networkinfrastructures, enabling systems and service providers to meet growing demand for bandwidth and connectivity. EMCORE's advanced optical technologies are designed for cable television (CATV) and fiber-to-the-premise (FTTP) networks, telecommunications and data centers, satellite communications, aerospace and defense, wireless networks, and broadcast and professional audio/video systems. With its world-class InP semiconductor wafer fabrication facility, EMCORE has fully vertically-integrated manufacturing capability and also provides contract design, foundry and component packaging services. EMCORE is headquartered in Alhambra, California, USA with InP wafer fabrication operations in Alhambra, and ISO9001 certified manufacturing in Alhambra and Langfang, China.
The Photonics Test Engineer will be responsible for the development, documentation, automation, and execution of optical test plans for optical components, modules and subsystems targeted at both analog and digital signal transmission applications (i.e. Direct Modulated Lasers, MZ & phase modulators, PIN & APD photodiodes, etc). The candidate will participate and influence test methodologies, test strategies, design trade-offs, and product yield improvements and quality. This position requires background in optical engineering and intimate knowledge of optical test/instrumentation equipment, and fluency in test automation language/tool.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Experience in optical engineering/test/verification
* Experience and knowledge in opto-electrical components
* Experience with optical, digital and analog (RF & Microwaves) test instrumentation and equipment
* Experience with optical components
* Experience with developing opto-electrical test plans and strategies
* Experience with test automation and test automation tools/languages
* Knowledge of statistical analysis of test data (i.e. JMP)
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Ability to work independently in an inter-disciplinary team
* Self-motivated and possessing strong analytical and problem solving skills
* BSEE or Equivalent with 5+ years of applicable photonics modules and subsystem test experience
* Experience with optical/digital test equipment (i.e. Power Meter, Wavelength Meter, Optical Spectrum Analyzer, Polarization Scrambler, Optical Attenuator, Oscilloscope, Digital Communications Analyzer, Optical Switch, et cetera)
* Experience with automation/scripting language/tool such as Visual Basic or C/C++.
* Strong Photonics and ElectricalEngineering fundamentals
Note: Due to the nature of the products involved, candidate must be a US Person.