Physical Commodities Traders (Aromatics, Coal, Distillates, Lubricants)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Kempler & Co.
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE COMPANY
We are a leading commodity trading, supply, and distribution company. We are also a top tier provider of market making services to our customers and suppliers. We are looking for experienced traders with an origination and marketing business to join our team. We have specific interest in traders with experience in natural gas, distillates, aromatics, lubricants, naphtha, olefins (ethylene, propylene), coal and metals, but have the flexibility to expand into other markets.
WHAT WE OFFER
Kempler has established a unique time-proven business model that allows our traders to operate their marketing or origination business in an entrepreneurial environment. We have a core focus at Kempler of supporting and empowering our traders to grow their individual business units. Many commodity trade houses create obstacles to trader's success: bureaucratic approval processes for new trade ideas, unnecessary operational involvement for traders, fierce competition between traders and a lack of engagement between management and traders. Kempler takes a very different approach. We promote a collaborative trading environment that makes it possible for new trade ideas to flourish and win immediate approval. Traders are given flexibility to run their trading business as they see fit. The key attraction of our model is that we help our traders expand their business by providing them with the following:
* Merchandising support to help you in marketing and developing your trading business.
* Experienced management that will assist you with formulating strategy, high level trading techniques and any coaching or guidance that you may need.
* Risk management systems that keep you operating profitably.
* Robust operational, legal, and credit departments to keep your trading business running smoothly.
* A fully integrated ETRM platform that supports physical supply chain management and trade processing.
We are looking for traders that have a Marketing or Origination experience in physical energy commodities or metals. We prefer traders with the following characteristics:
* A minimum of a 3 year successful and demonstrable P&L track record.
* Strong relationships with customers and suppliers.
* A strong understanding of the product's risk profile, and a track record of being able to control risk.
* Ability to work in a team environment and effectively collaborate with other associates.
BENEFITS AS A KEMPLER & CO. ASSOCIATE
* Competitive base salary
* Defined bonus percentage and profit sharing
* A comprehensive benefits package