Physical Security Software Development Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 3/18/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Create a common technical vision for the Physical Access Control panels/devices and Video Recorder, which fulfills customer and profitability requirements.
* Maintain and explain this vision to anybody interested in it or those who are not, but should be. The Architect will be the primary evangelist for the Product line with the Engineering organization, Sales organization and the customer base.
* Technical quality assurance (before, during and after development). This includes providing the direction for code development quality, performing analyses of the performance of the software within the given hardware platforms, insuring the adequate testing of the product within Quality Assurance and monitoring/troubleshooting performance and defects in the field.
* Drive innovation of the Product line.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Expert knowledge and development experience of Physical Access Control System Edge Devices and their integration with Video and Intrusion Systems
* Strong knowledge of Object Oriented ANSI C development on a Linux Kernel.
* Strong knowledge of ARM Cortex and x86 based firmware development.
* Strong knowledge of the Linux Operating System.
* Strong knowledge and development experience of Video Processing including compression (h.264/h.265), transport (RTP/RTSP) and storage is preferred.
* Very strong communication skills including the development of Storyboards, Functional Specifications and PowerPoint presentations.
* Strong behavioral skills including the ability to lead teams, negotiate technical consensus for innovative ideas/architectures and sell ideas to the key stakeholders including potential customers.
* The ability to work with the other architects in developing a global roadmap for the company.
* Strong knowledge of databases.
* Strong knowledge of networks, sockets, IP stacks and network streaming using UDP.
* Experience with GPIO, UART and serial interface and protocols.
* Experience with Thin Clients and HTML5.
* Exposure to Gstreamer is preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* At least five years of experience as an architect for a physical access control related product.
* At least three years of experience as an architect or principle engineer for an access control related product.
* At least ten years of experience in software engineering, with significant experience in C software development.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience is required.