Physical Therapist / Home Care - PRN - ReqCode 952522
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join a Leader in Home Care at Willcare -
It's all about helping people achieve more!Willcare is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
Evaluate patients and develop physical therapy treatment programs in collaboration with the physician. Provide physical therapy treatments to patients. Administer complex active and passive therapeutic exercise and various treatment modalities. Instruct, motivate and assist patients / caregivers in learning and improving activities of daily living. Supervise and direct the efforts of the physical therapy assistants and home health aides, if assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION:
* Requisition and management of equipment and supplies required to increase client's function and independence as appropriate to care.
* Responsible for the establishment and ongoing evaluation of problem identification treatment programs, Plan of Care, goals and discharge plans for the patients as related to physical therapy needs and in conjunction with the physician and other team members.
* Make revisions to the plans and goals based on changes in patient status.
* Initial & interim assessment of client's level of functioning and recommend, in writing to the patient's physician, the need for a rehabilitation program, goals and discharge plans, either restorative or maintenance.
* Upon receipt of the physician's orders, interpret and implement those services and programs related to physical therapy. Ensure these orders are carried out in a professional manner satisfying professional ethics, patient rights and State and Federal codes and regulations.
* Assist in coordinating the physical therapy rehabilitation program with other appropriate health care providers / disciplines providing services to the patient.
* Facilitate effective communication among other clinicians providing care to the patient.
* Complete and submit all required documentation within established Agency guidelines.
* Demonstrate therapy for the nurse, home health aide, family members or other responsible persons who may assist the patient with the physical therapy rehabilitation program.
* Observe and evaluate the performance of those assisting in the physical therapy rehabilitation program and provide guidance as necessary.
* Re-evaluate the patient's progress, and review the Plan of Care and therapy program making changes as necessary and under the physician's direction.
* Participate in interdisciplinary patient care conferences as applicable and maintain ongoing communication with all disciplines involved in the patient's Plan of Care.
* Contact the physician with any changes in the patient's status or program and obtain new orders.
* Maintain current and accurate clinical records. Timely chart changes in patient condition. Report to supervisor any adverse reactions, and / or problems with informal supports or home environment. Records are written the day the service is rendered and reflect the current condition of the patient.
* Adhere to Medicare guidelines. Responsible to obtain prior approvals as required by third party payers.
* Supervise and / or execute all skilled treatment programs as prescribed by the physician.
* Schedule patients with other team members.
* Instruct and inform the home health aide of the patient's medical status and physical therapy program. Complete the necessary HHA supervision form and the HHA Plan of Care (Aide Care Plan).
* Instruct the patient, family, nurses and HHA in the use of self-help devices that are determined to be necessary for the patient's rehabilitation.
* Integrate the work, efforts and goals of physical therapy with other team members.
* Act as a referral source for staff, families, and physicians on services and equipment related to the rehabilitation services. Promote services offered through communication with potential referral sources, including on-site visits, attendance at expos, fairs, etc.
* Participate in peer review, case conferences and the Performance Improvement Program.
* Perform client / family education as appropriate.
* Provide supervision to PTA's and paraprofessionals according to State regulations.
* Submit all paperwork within agency guidelines.
* Must be deemed competent in the field through clinical site visits.
* Interpret Medicare guidelines. Responsible to obtain prior authorizations as required by third party payers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company. Exhibits commitment to personal and company-wide goals.
* Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
* Places needs of the patient first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient's healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home.
* Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation, and customer service.
* Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees, patients, and community.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients.
* Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
* Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
* Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Adheres to departmental and agency dress codes as observed by supervisor.
* Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button