Physical Therapist - Home Health (Per diem)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Group Health Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This is a per diem opportunity in our float pool, which comes with a float premium for all hours worked. Float pool therapists are expected to make visits throughout our service area, which includes King, Pierce, Kitsap, and parts of Snohomish counties.
This position could be based out of our Seattle or Redmond offices.
IN THE ROLE OF HOME HEALTH PHYSICAL THERAPIST (PER DIEM) YOU WILL:
* Provide Physical Therapy including performing initial and ongoing assessments of patient rehab potential, functional needs and abilities, activity tolerance, mobility, safety in the home environment, equipment needs, compliance with physician ordered care (including medications), psychosocial status, need for community resources and interdisciplinary services.
* Skilled plan of physical therapy care includes therapeutic exercises/activities, modalities, adaptive equipment based on patient assessment and understanding of treatment risks and benefits relevant to the patient's medical condition, rehabilitation potential and prognosis.
* Coordinate the delivery of physical therapy care with nursing, social work, aide and other therapists within Group Health and with outside providers resulting in effective utilization of resources and the timely attainment of achievable rehabilitation and/or palliative care goals.
* Supervise physical therapy assistants through conferencing and review of their documentation. Provide supervision of the home health aide plan of care.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT GROUP HEALTH?
At Group Health, our mission is to enrich peoples lives by improving health. As a Group Health employee, your role is to deliver on that mission every day by living our valuesCustomer Focus, Accountability, Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity. You take initiative, set goals, and solve problems while collaborating with friends and colleagues. Together we make a meaningful impact on our community.
In return, Group Health is committed to providing you competitive pay, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to make a difference each day as we strive to reach our vision to be the preferred health care partner by excelling in quality, service and affordability.
At Group Health you will be part of a rehab team that is managed by therapists. Youll provide high quality care that is coordinated seamlessly throughout our system. Optimizing quality of life and promoting patient and caregiver autonomy is what were all about. The role of the Physical Therapist is to work with patients in their own environment to gain and maintain as much independence in their lives as possible. EDUCATION
MINIMUM: Bachelor of Science in physical therapy or a certificate or masters degree in physical therapy from an accredited program.
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Masters or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy
PREFERRED: One-year physical therapy experience with background in geriatrics, orthopedics, or neurology.
* Working knowledge of the managed care industry and Medicare regulations/requirements.
* Knowledgeable of the care for the chronically ill and frail elderly and able to adapt quality physical therapy and rehabilitation into a patients home setting.
* Excellent time management, problem solving and customer service skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience with interdisciplinary care coordination.
* Operational knowledge of computerized clinical documentation and office application systems including the use of laptop computers and smart-phones.
MINIMUM: At time of hire, current valid WA state physical therapy license
QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT JILL ROGERSON, ROGERSON.J@GHC.ORG.
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Schedule: Per Diem
J2W code: ALL1ED, D1V