This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Cape Cod Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Cape Cod Healthcare
Outpatient Physical Therapy
Per Diem Hours, Monday - Friday, Occ W/E
Cape Cod Healthcare is the leading provider of healthcare services for residents and visitors of Cape Cod. With more than 450 physicians, 4,700 employees, and 1,100 volunteers, Cape Cod Healthcare operates two-acute care hospitals, the Cape s leading provider of homecare and hospice services (VNA), a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility (JML Care Center), an assisted living facility (Heritage at Falmouth), the Cape s only local laboratory service (CCHC Laboratory Services) and numerous health programs. We are currently seeking a dedicated Physical Therapist to join our Outpatient PT team at Cape Cod Hospital.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To organize and conduct medically prescribed treatment programs for adult and pediatric patients to help restore function and prevent disability according to the principles and practices of physical therapy.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Evaluates new patients, sets objective measurable treatment goals for functional outcome, establishes appropriate treatment programs, and provides documentation of same.
2. Administers diagnostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests to determine the extent of the patient s impairment and the prognosis for improvement.
3. Carries out appropriate treatment modalities, and re-evaluates the patient as needed, modifying the treatment plan based on patient progress.
4. Provides objective, analytic documentation of patient care, patient/family education, and communication with other caregivers.
5. Communicates effectively with medical/allied health personnel, regarding patient progress, needs, and discharge planning.
6. Provides instruction in therapeutic procedures to be continued by patient and family.
7. Assists in training new personnel as requested by manager.
8. Provides guidance and direction to Physical Therapist Assistants, Aides, and affiliating students.
9. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment programs, quality improvement initiatives, and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
10. Attends meetings as required.
11. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in approved education programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
12. Maintains daily statistical records of patient activity and charges.
13. Performs other work related duties as assigned or requested.
Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that reflects Cape Cod Healthcare s commitment to CARES: compassion, accountability, respect, excellence and service.
* Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
* Entry level degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited Physical Therapy Program
* Licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
* Current BLS
HR Use Only:
Zip Code: 02601