Physical Therapist - IP Weekends 9/7/2016
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited, rehabilitation hospital with 167 inpatient beds - 119 acute and 48 sub-acute. There are numerous outpatient programs as well as home and community services. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes.
Assumes full responsibility for evaluating patient's need for physical therapy. Plans and executes individual treatment programs in accordance with the State of Michigan licensure and PT scope of practice. Keeps treatment skills upgraded through continuing education, evidence based research, and program development. Perform job responsibilities in accordance with the program's strategic objectives and goals to carry out organizational strategic objectives.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Each job responsibility is related to the MFB Pillars of Excellence. The responsibility is identified to a pillar by the following letters: Q (Quality), S (Service), P (People), G (Growth), F (Financial).
* Provides patient care. (Q)
* Evaluates patient condition.
* Establishes treatment goals in collaboration with patient and family as appropriate, and in collaboration with the treatment team. Treatment goals should be interdisciplinary and patient-centered whenever possible. Establishes written treatment plan, and administers treatment for each patient according to the stated goals. Delegates responsibilities to physical therapist assistants and rehabilitation technicians as appropriate.
* Re-evaluates patient's status and effects of treatment. Revises treatment plan as necessary. Reviews revised goals with patient and family as appropriate.
* Evaluates patient's need for medical equipment and orders the appropriate equipment as necessary.
* Evaluates equipment upon delivery and instructs patient, patient's family and health care workers on its use.
* Participates in planning for patient discharge by considering and communicating with patient, family, community support/services and environmental limitations.
* Documents patient's status and progress through initial evaluation, progress notes, and discharge summary according to established internal/external time standards and adherence to reimbursement guidelines. (Q)
* Communicates with others to integrate physical therapy treatment with all aspects of patient care. (Q,S)
* Participates in conferences/discussions as needed and exchange of written records with other interdisciplinary team members to integrate physical therapy treatment plan.
* Instructs the patient and the family in physical therapy procedures as part of providing patient and family education including written instructions as necessary.
* Attends various meetings and in-services as designated. (Q,P)
* Follows all hospital policy and procedures including but not limited to patient confidentiality and infection control. (Q)
* Meets or exceeds program productivity expectations. (F)
* Provides discipline specific coverage (following cross training) within the Mary Free Bed system as requested.(F,S)
* Supports program operations as assigned. (Q, S, P, G, F)
Other Job Responsibilities:
* Serves as clinical instructor for physical therapy students. Supervises, teaches, and evaluates skills of students. Communicates with participating universities regarding skill levels of students. (S)
* Participates in program development and/or research activities as assigned. (Q, G)
* Participates in orientation and training of new staff. (Q, P)
* Demonstrates competence in relevant software and hardware required to meet job responsibilities. (Q)
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* Graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association accredited Physical Therapy program.
* Licensure with the State of Michigan.
* Possesses and maintains CPR certification to meet department/program protocol.
* Must have inpatient rehab experience treating SCI, BI, CVA, or Medically Complex patients.
* Physical Demands
* The physical ability to lift, position, and transport patients.
* The ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb.
* The ability to hear, speak, write, and see (correctable vision).
* The ability to frequently lift up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift in excess of 75 pounds.
* The ability to occasionally push, pull, or carry weight anywhere from 1 to 100+ pounds while assisting patients and moving equipment.
* The ability to exert up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, 10-20 pounds of force frequently, and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity is all of the ways we differ individually, interpersonally and organizationally. Understanding diversity involves the recognition of cultural and other differences and traditions by identifying and empathizing with differing beliefs and behaviors. Mary Free Bed will use the strength of these differences to improve services to its community.
Mary Free Bed values diversity among the patients, families and communities it serves. Creativity and sensitivity to individual needs and differences are valued.
Mary Free Bed values diversity among its staff. Staff who share our organizational values are recruited from all areas of the workforce. Mary Free Bed fosters an environment that embraces differences by enhancing the staff s knowledge and experience. Our staff will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.