Physical Therapist / PT - Home Health - PRN - ReqCode 965700 9/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Unique Opportunity for a Qualified Speech Therapist with a Leader in Home Healthcare.... It's all about helping people achieve more!WILLCARE is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity. Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
Assume responsibility for full cycle recruitment process for direct care staff in the licensed agency. This includes but is not limited to recruitment advertising, accepting and reviewing applications, administering pre-employment assessments, conducting interviews, verifying references, conducting all applicable background checks, selecting candidates for hire and providing the written offer of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION:
* Attends and promotes recruitment needs through attendance at job fairs, careers days and field staff recruiting activities.
* Liaison with the Branch Human Resources Coordinator and/or Corporate Human Resourcesdepartment to place recruitment ads in a variety of publications to ensure maximized visibility of position openings.
* Review and evaluate applications for employment and interview candidates to ensure that their skills and abilities meet the requirements for open positions. Maintain applications for employment according to record retention policy.
* Administer pre-employment assessments and/or competency testing.
* Conduct reference checks and ensure that a minimum of two (2) references are completed on all applicants prior to extending an offer of employment.
* Conduct all applicable background checks according to federal and state guidelines, as well as agency policy. Ensure satisfactory results prior to extending an offer of employment. This includes the following:a. Criminal History Record Check (CHRC);b. Sex Offender Registry;c. Exclusion Lists Check (Kchecks);d. Professional License Verification (EPStaff Check);e. Certificate Verification (Home Care Registry);f. State/Local Registry Checks;g. Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check (only if applicable).
* Ensure that all pre-hire medical compliance standards (including health assessments and physicals, PPDs, and immunizations), are met prior to extending an offer of employment. May assist applicants with all pre-employment compliance needs.
* Prepares and extends written offers of employment and wage notices according to agency templates.
* Ensure that all employees are properly credentialed at all times. This includes verification of eligibility to work in the United States (Form I-9), verification of valid and unexpired professional license and/or certification, verification of up to date medical compliance (including health assessments and physicals, PPDs, and immunizations), verification that in-service requirements are met, and verification that the employee is not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other health care program.
* Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, as well as contract and agencyrequirements.
* Maintain the Home Care Registry by entering all data into the web portal on a routine and timely basis (NYS only).
* May assist with on-boarding of new employees by facilitating new employee orientations according to company policy.
* Prepares application packets and maintains needed supplies for recruitment sites.
* Prepares folders for educational and/or competencies programs and/or orientations.
* Assumes responsibility for the proper documentation needed to complete new employee personnel and health files and ensures these files are completed in a timely manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company. Exhibits commitment to personal and company-wide goals.
* Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
* Places needs of the patient first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient's healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home.
* Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation, and customer service.
* Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees, patients, and community.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients.
* Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
* Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
* Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Adheres to departmental and agency dress codes as observed by supervisor.
* Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, agency PI activities and other meetings as requested.
* Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner
* Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Observe infection control and standard precautions.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Associates Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field; OR, High School Degree / GED
* Equivalent and at least one year of experience in a recruiting role or similar role.
* Knowledge of Federal, state and local regulations and labor laws preferred.
* Strong communication / interpersonal skills
* Proficient computer skills.
PERSONAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
* Work environment is characteristic of any office setting which involves ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button