Physical Therapist(FT Days)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for evaluation, planning, directing and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. Administers treatments and physical agents as prescribed by a referring physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities. The staff therapist coordinates, delegates and supervises responsibilities assigned to support staff (Physical Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapy Aide). The staff therapist participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in Performance Improvement activities. Ensures that patient changes are accurate and entered on a timely basis. Participates in Peformance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from infant to geriatric.
* High School graduate or equivilant;
* Graduate of accredited Physical Therapy, BS or MS degree.
* Degree in related field with certificate in Physical Therapy will be considered.
* Licensed or licensure eligible as a Physical Therapist by State of Texas.
* Licensed by the State of Texas Board of Physical Therapist by State of Texas.
* Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
* Additional languages preferred.
* Ability to: Work cooperatively with hospital staff; handle frequent interruptions; adapt to changes in workload and work schedule; establish priorities; foster team environment by providing orientation and training to new team members; communicate effectively (verbal and written); ability to meet the care needs of ages of customers.
* Must be able to fulfill the following requirements:
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination;
* Requires standing or sitting for extensive periods of time. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Frequently lifts, carries or pushes items weighing fifty(50) pounds or more. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids and other conditions common to a clinical environment. Potential for musculoskeletal injuries due to moving and lifting patients and equipment. Must be capable of performing CPR.
* For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job: Physical Therapists
Primary Location: Texas-Odessa
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Employee Status: PRN Position
Work Schedule: Days