Physical Therapy Manager - Christiana Hospital Job 8/24/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care's Christiana Hospital has this outstanding opportunity for Physical Therapist to join the team in a leading role!
CHRISTIANA CARE IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Christiana Care's distinction as a national health care leader also stems from our culture of inclusion and diversity. Our employees reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. As a member of our team, you will be empowered. You ll enjoy regular opportunities to leverage your unique perspective and background among colleagues who respect you and appreciate your initiatives to enhance the quality of our patient care.
Christiana Care, a Magnet recognized organization, is committed to clinical growth, patient care and quality outcomes that our team demonstrates every day. Attaining Magnet status was possible because our employees make Christiana Care a great place to work through their commitment and dedication to excellence.
You will provide overall supervision and direction for the Physical Therapy Department of Christiana Hospital.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides direct clinical evaluation and treatment of patients referred for physical therapy and interprets the results in an accurate and timely manner.
* Directs the day-to-day operations of the Physical Therapy Department.
* Provides clinical oversight for staff providing physical therapy evaluation and treatment to patients.
* Provides leadership to staff on the current programming for Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Services.
* Is responsible for performance management of staff, including staff development.
* Manages the fiscal operations of the Physical Therapy Department.
* Evaluates the effectiveness of physical therapy programs and provides feedback for changes that may be necessary or improvements that can be achieved. Is a leader and active participant with performance improvement.
* Provides leadership and direction for clear concise documentation of patient progress and to monitor staff compliance with documentation guidelines, rules and regulations.
* Maintains current knowledge of rules and regulations that govern the practice of physical therapy and orients staff and managers on changes.
* Promotes excellence in patient relations, giving the utmost to caring and compassionate treatment of those referred to our care.
* Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to manager in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
* Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Doctorate or Master s level Physical Therapist Degree
* At least 5 years of experience in direct clinical care within a rehabilitation setting
* Delaware license for Physical Therapy
To learn more about Christiana Care's Physical Therapy click here: http://www.christianacare.org/physicaltherapy
WORK SHIFT: Day shift, No Rotation
POSITION TYPE: Rehab Services
JOB REQUISITION #: 39163BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at (302)327-5555 or (866)849-8598.
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Rehabilitation, Clinic, Physical Therapy, Manager, Patient Care, Healthcare, Management Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.