Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner - Emergency Medicine
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
This is highly skilled professional patient care work responsible for the initial assessment and management of Emergency Department patients, within the parameters defined by regulation of the State of Maine, the Maine Medical Center and the Department of Emergency Medicine. In addition, the Physician Assistant is continuously involved in the didactic and clinical teaching of Maine Medical Center House Officers and medical students during their respective rotations in the Emergency Department. The Physician Assistant is also responsible for the undertaking and completion of assigned departmental administrative tasks.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
* Graduate of an American Medical Association approved primary care physician assistant educational program.
* Registration with the Maine State Board of Registration in Medicine.
* Ability to perform routine technical skills including suturing, phlebotomy and arterial puncture for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
* Certified by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants.
* Ability to effectively establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with staff physicians, nursing and allied health professionals, other hospital staff and patients.
Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner Emergency Medicine