Physician Assistant - Full Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
Federal Way, WA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPhysician Assistant - Full Time
Job Id: 43846
At Concentra\'s Community-Based Outpatient Clinic, you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these selfless men and women.
Provides primary care, health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of physician
* Examines patient with symptoms of organic or congenital disorders and determines nature and extent of injury or disorder.
* Performs comprehensive physical examination, referring to diagnostic images and tests. Uses medical instruments and equipment and documents all medical information into the patient s electronic medical record utilizing the VA s VISTA/CPRS Electronic Patient record system.
* Maintains confidentiality of patient s and employees data and information.
* Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, laboratory tests, suturing, wound care, etc and interprets test results for deviations from normal and provides follow care.
* Prescribes medication and recommends dietary and activity program, as indicated by diagnosis.
* Refers patient to VA medical specialist when indicated.
* Counsels patients on the use of prescription medications, educates patients, assesses mental health issues and provides routine health maintenance.
* Develops and implements patient management plans and assist in provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care Management Module)
* Evaluates patients records from medical providers outside the VA and works with these patients utilizing rules set forth by the VA for co-managed care
* Examines patients, performs comprehensive physical examinations, and complies patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination(s)
* Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
* Works in collaborative practice with a physician
* Completes any and all clinical reminders due at the time of each patient visit
* Any/all other related duties as assigned.
Work Environment And Conditions:
* Clinic environment
* Minimal travel
* Bachelor s degree (BPAS or a related field) required. Masters degree (MPAS) preferred
* Graduate of an accredited program for physician assistants, including preceptorship
* National certification of applicable professional organization
* Current valid Physician Assistant license in the State in which the clinic is located
* Minimum of 1-year experience, within the last 4-years, as a Physician Assistant in a related primary care or ambulatory care setting (treating adult patients).
* Current certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support (must be renewed annually/as required)
* 401(k) with Employer Match
* Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
* Life Insurance/Disability
* Paid Time Off/Holidays
* Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran