Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Cape Canaveral, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner (PA/NP) provides program/operational support to the International Programs/Contracts under the direct supervision of the Director, International Operations. He/she will work with all members of the International Operations team and other internal CHSi departments as required to facilitate operations and support of recruitment, staffing, logistics, training and mobilization of deployed personnel.
The employee will be available to deploy on short notice for short-term assignments both CONUS and OCONUS. These short-term assignments will include; but, will not be limited to the provision of PA/NP medical services, site surveys, program stand ups and program assessments. The employee will also support the implementation of initiatives supporting International Operations.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which CHSi is recognized.
Required Certification, Qualifications, and Experience:
* Must be certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) or appropriate NP certification agency.
* Full unrestricted U.S. (State) Licensure, Certification, or Registration required in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
* Must be a graduate of a school approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency.
* Five (5) years of experience as a PA/NP. Six (6) months clinical experience in last 12 months is required.
* Two (2) years of deployed medical experience; in a management role and Operational medicine support experience is preferred.
* Emergency medicine experience is highly desirable.
* Have and maintain current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
* Recently Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) course or comparable advanced trauma course featuring live tissue or simulation training are very desirable.
* Equivalent non-U.S/Canadian education, board certification, licensing, diplomas and experience may be qualifying.
* Participate in training, (including HIPAA training)
* Must be detail oriented with superior follow-through and communication skills and a strong ability to multi-task, organize priorities and deadlines.
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be customer-oriented.
* Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Anticipates emerging operational issues and provides solutions.
* Answers questions pertaining to medical training and scopes of practice.
* Recognizes and pursues changes in contract scope and/or workload.
* Manages and updates medical training facilities, to enhance mission capabilities.
* Acts as a point-of-contact for operation matters relating to contract(s).
* Medical liaison on mission essential assignments.
* Provides input on project proposals.
* Performs medical intelligence and surveillance, for potential contracts.
* Performs applicable clinical record reviews to support standard of care assessments.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
* As a Health Care Provider (HCP) will document care delivered and follow up care as required.
* Maintain the highest regard for patient dignity and observe the precepts of the American Hospital Associations Bill of Rights for patients.
* Assists with managing day to day activities and prioritizing tasks.
* Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
* Complies with all applicable CHS standards and guidelines.
* Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements.
* Must be able to deploy with minimal notice to support International programs.
* Must have a valid, current U.S. Driver s License.
* Must have a current U.S. Passport.
* Must have or be able to obtain the following clearances: Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (DoS MRPT), Department of Defense Secret Clearance (DoD Secret), or a Favorable Name Agency Check (NAC-I)
* Shall be proficient in the ability to speak, write and communicate in English.
* Work hours are based on 40 hr. work week 8 hours a day.
* Complete a Foreign Affairs or DoD CRC training course prior to deployments.
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time. May require bending, stooping and lifting up to 15 lbs. Good eye/hand coordination required.
* Physical requirements for deployment:
* Must be confirmed by a medical examination to be medically and dentally fit in accordance CHS Medical Readiness Guidelines and Policies and/or as dictated by the Client.
* No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment; travel in Iraq/Afghanistan may be by surface or air.
* The climate is desert-like, hot, and prone to dust storms.
Comprehensive Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.