Physician Assistant Or APRN-Occupational Medicine 8/19/2016
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Physician Assistant reports to the Medical Director of Occupational Health and Urgent Care under the direction of the attending physician/Director, Occupational Health/Urgent Care to perform diversified medical duties and to assist in care of patients of all ages in Occupational Health and Urgent Care.
* 1. Works under the supervision of the physicians and Medical Director of Occupational Health Plus to perform pre-placement examinations on patients of all ages.
* 1a. Collects complete medical history, performs thorough pre-placement and perioded work related physical examinations, school and camp physicals on patients of all ages, and records results clearly in medical record.
* 1b. Orders, reviews and interprets results of ancillary testing (blood tests, PFT's, EKG's etc.).
* 1c. Consolidates all data and compares to physical demands of position to make appointment placement decision.
* 1d. Involves supervisory physician as appropriate, following State of Connecticut proactive regulations.
* 2. Works under the supervision of the physicians and Medical Director of the deparment, to evaluate employees with work related injuries, illnesses or exposures, and urgent care needs of patients of all ages.
* 2a. Gathers complete history of injury, illness, or exposure and performs appropriate physical examination on patients of all ages.
* 2b. Demonstrates appropriate use of diagnostic tests; orders and performs interprets X-rays, blood tests, EKG's etc.
* 2c. Demonstrates appropriate and timely involvement of supervising physician following State of Connecticut proactive regulations.
* 2d. Develops and implements appropriate immediate care and follow-up, and in the case of Injured Workers, develoops the treatment plan including appropriate and timely use of physical therapy and specialists.
* 2e. Documents information completely and accurately in progress note, dictation and discharge reports. 2f. Performs routine procedures as needed; foreign body removal, suturing, splinting, wound care, etc.
* 2g. Prescribes appropriate medication.
* 3. Works collaboratively with co-workers and other health care professionals to ensure a high standard of patient care and efficient clinic operations.
* 3a. Develops and uses effective working relationships with patients of all ages, co-workers, employers, and specialist to allow for appropriate coordination of patient care.
* 3b. Communicates clearly and appropriately, in writing and/or verbally, the employees' treatment plan, work capabilities, progress and prognosis to client company.
* 3c. Exercises customer service skills in meeting the needs of the patients and families, and in the case of the injured worker, is attuned to the needs of the employer and employee, promoting patients and customer satisfaction.
* 3d. Prioritizes activities and adjusts workload to facilitate overall clinic efficiency.
* 3e. Takes responsibility for responding to schedule requests promptly; remains flexible in resolution of staffing conflicts.
* 3f. Identifies problems or potential problems and accesses appropriate resources to assist in resolution.
Bachelor's degree required, licensed as a P.A. after June 30, 1992 (not required if licensed before) and successful completion of an accredited physician's assistant program. Must have had at least 60 hours of instruction in pharmacology in a PA program or other program approved by the State of Connecticut Department of Health Services. Must be licensed Physician's Assistant with valid Connecticut license.
One to three years of patient care experience in ambulatory, emergency, and occupational medicine preferred.
Current state license as Physician Assistant and certification maintenance by NCCPA.
Excellent clinical, interpersonal, and communication skills. Ability to work with a diverse group of providers across the health care continuum. Advanced computer skills a must.
In addition to coverage of Occ Med clinics Monday - Friday days, Urgent Care/Occ Med requires extended evening and weekend coverage.