Physician Assistant - PA - Brewster Place
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSt. Francis Health is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Topeka, Kans. (estab. 1909)
* A tertiary care facility serving 12 counties in northeast Kansas
* 1,660 associates and 297 medical staff
* 378 beds
* 20 regional clinics
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Department
* General & Bariatric Surgery
* Heart & Vascular Center
* Joint & Spine Centers
* Rehabilitation Services
* Womens Services
Our multispecialty care community works together to pioneer inspired, innovative care in our mission to improve the health and lives of those we serve.
This position may provide both primary and specialty medical services. Provides evaluation and direct patient care that promotes achievement/maintenance of optimal health. Participates as a member of the health care team and as directed by the medical staff to meet patient needs and provide continuity of care.
* Responsible for assessing and attending to the spiritual needs of patients, their families, and employees, particularly in times of spiritual distress brought on by life threatening or life altering medical diagnoses and procedures.
* Serves the patient and family by assisting in resolution of bioethical concerns, and may be asked to assist in matters such as securing family permission for organ transplantation, or providing a religious perspective on withdrawing life support systems.
* As a service to the hospital staff, spiritual counseling and support is offered through group work, religious services, hospital celebrations, and other methods.
* Represents the hospital to the broader religious community and the surrounding areas.
* Performs other related duties as directed in order to support the achievement of established goals and objectives.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* Graduation from an AMA approved Physician Assistant program, required
* Current licensure to practice as a Physician's Assistant from the State, required
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
* Advanced Cardiopulmonary Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, preferred
* One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
SCL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.